President Trump

rickyb

Gee, I can only imagine what the far left says. Someone had to clean up the fiscal mess Wisconsin was in, and that meant saying no. There isn't, amazingly enough, an endless stream of money to do everything we'd all like to be done.
just about getting different perspectives. what if your being lied to.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
And if you Google Wisconsin job growth under Walker for the last week you'll see articles showing that Wisconsin's unemployment is at the lowest in 17 years. Anyone can take a snapshot, anyone can write articles designed to hurt someone, but what's happening right now, huh?
So is the entire country. The economy can make leaders look good or bad. Plenty of firms still leaving Wisconsin or building plants in cheaper labor markets.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Scott Walker overcame a recall vote and has put the state in a surplus.
Alternative fact. We are borrowing hundreds of millions to finance road construction and just kicking the can down the road. I guess that's OK with me because when it comes time to pay the piper I will be long gone from this state.

vantexan

Alternative fact. We are borrowing hundreds of millions to finance road construction and just kicking the can down the road. I guess that's OK with me because when it comes time to pay the piper I will be long gone from this state.
When do cities and states not borrow money for public works? Called a bond issue.

vantexan

So is the entire country. The economy can make leaders look good or bad. Plenty of firms still leaving Wisconsin or building plants in cheaper labor markets.
Actually as of February, 2017 Wisconsin had the 10th lowest unemployment rate in the country at 3.4%, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Might be a reason Wisconsin went with Trump, real results from a Republican.

Last edited:

vantexan

austerity is not a good thing. when the government balances the budget it is not comparable to a household balancing its budget.

for more see steve keen or michael hudson
Going broke and not being able to pay for any services is even worse. Have Moody's downgrade your credit worthiness and you won't be able to float bonds for public works.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I voted for Trump. Now he wants to cut the aid I need

Shockey is on Supplemental Security Income (SSI), a program to help low-income Americans who are disabled. The monthly payment is just over $700 a month.
"It's my only income," Shockey told CNNMoney in the fall, when we first met her at Diner 23 in Waverly, a small town in southern Ohio that's seen better days. "I couldn't live" without it.
She was stunned to hear the president wants to downsize SSI. She hadn't heard about it until CNNMoney called her.

vantexan

Hey drumpf voters, What do you think of your pretend-populist now?
Most of us voted for him on the idea of taking out Obamacare, among other ideas. That's probably the same 23 million that weren't eligible before Obamacare. Making everyone hurt financially to give a small percentage healthcare was just wrongheaded from the start. And only flew through Congress with Obama lying his head off about it.

vantexan

I voted for Trump. Now he wants to cut the aid I need

Shockey is on Supplemental Security Income (SSI), a program to help low-income Americans who are disabled. The monthly payment is just over $700 a month.
"It's my only income," Shockey told CNNMoney in the fall, when we first met her at Diner 23 in Waverly, a small town in southern Ohio that's seen better days. "I couldn't live" without it.
She was stunned to hear the president wants to downsize SSI. She hadn't heard about it until CNNMoney called her.
Something smelly there. If she's disabled why isn't she on regular disability?