President Trump

BrownArmy

The problem is we don’t agree on what would of been a better plan.
I’m of the opinion this thing should of just ran it’s course and at risk people should of self quarantined if they felt the need to.

I’m of the opinion that your opinion is incorrect.

If we’d done a hard shutdown six weeks ago for one month, we’d be in a better position in terms of covid cases and the economy.

As it is, this is like a slow rolling hurricane, with certain states refusing to get out of the way.

Your ‘solution’ would be far worse for the economy.

It will be fine

ok

I’ll agree, both the left and right media have politicized this.

Question is, when this happens again, and it will, are we going to learn from this experience or not?

There will be a ‘post-mortem’ on this, and hindsight is 20/20, but basically everyone fckd up.

China, the WHO, the CDC, Trump, Faucci, Cuomo, DiBlasio, state Governors, UPS, my wife...

No one escapes culpability.

So do we come up with a better plan for next time or not?

I hope we do.
That already happened. Obama learned from the pandemics on his watch. He put together teams to help mitigate the next ones. Then we elected an idiot that hates science and he disbanded those teams. Unfortunately he also hates government so a coordinated response is out of the question. The better plan is electing people that believe government can be a force for good.

BrownArmy

I’m of the opinion this thing should of just ran it’s course and at risk people should of self quarantined if they felt the need to.

Anyway, I’m talking about next time.

We already friend’d up this round.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
And that option is looking more and more viable as we progress through this.
Quarantining of everyone is probably not the best answer.

BrownArmy

That already happened. Obama learned from the pandemics on his watch. He put together teams to help mitigate the next ones. Then we elected an idiot that hates science and he disbanded those teams. Unfortunately he also hates government so a coordinated response is out of the question. The better plan is electing people that believe government can be a force for good.

Possibly, but there are legitimate issues with big-government and it’s inefficiencies, it’s lack of nimbleness, it’s over-regulation.

We’re seeing that play out right now.

All I’m saying is, let’s learn from this, get rid of obtuse regulations, tighten the supply chain down, build up the National stockpile of gear, and come up with a unified response plan that respects Federalism but gives an appropriate role to the National Government in coordinating a response.

Imagine the hypothetical where the US was actually invaded...

Pretty sure the National response wouldn’t be, bid for guns on eBay.

Returntosender

Then why is hillary still in America, we voted that bitch off.

checkmate liberal.
863C696A-EED5-4686-BBAD-14141EECDE30.jpeg

It will be fine

Possibly, but there are legitimate issues with big-government and it’s inefficiencies, it’s lack of nimbleness, it’s over-regulation.

We’re seeing that play out right now.

All I’m saying is, let’s learn from this, get rid of obtuse regulations, tighten the supply chain down, build up the National stockpile of gear, and come up with a unified response plan that respects Federalism but gives an appropriate role to the National Government in coordinating a response.

Imagine the hypothetical where the US was actually invaded...

Pretty sure the National response wouldn’t be, bid for guns on eBay.
I don’t think a national response to a national problem is an issue of big government. It’s literally the reason we have a federal government. Over regulation is nonsensical right wing propaganda.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
None of that is true.
@BrownArmy people like this are the reason we won't learn anything from this pandemic.

BrownArmy

Overregulation and dependence on government is the reason our testing was slower than South Korea's.

So the greatest country in the world literally can’t get it’s head out of its own arse, got it.

I thought we elected a Businessman who was gonna cut through all this red-tape?

Fail.

I’m not talking about now, I’m talking about next time.

If you’d actually read my post, you’d realize we agree.

El Correcto

god is dead
I don’t think a national response to a national problem is an issue of big government. It’s literally the reason we have a federal government. Over regulation is nonsensical right wing propaganda.
So New York has a 100,000+ cases.
Better make sure Henry county in Alabama is on full lock down.

What even is federalism?

It will be fine

So New York has a 100,000+ cases.
Better make sure Henry county in Alabama is on full lock down.

What even is federalism?
More like NY is peaking in need for ventilators, let’s send them there for now. As opposed to :censored2: all y’all ventilators go to the highest bidder. That’s not a very efficient use of resources. The market is often a bad solution.

El Correcto

god is dead
More like NY is peaking in need for ventilators, let’s send them there for now. As opposed to :censored2: all y’all ventilators go to the highest bidder. That’s not a very efficient use of resources. The market is often a bad solution.
No the market is wonderful.
It’s punishing the liberals in New York for being liberal with their money.
Time to realize government isn’t there to provide happiness, sexual reassignment surgery or any of the other bull:censored2: they squander their tax payers dollars on.