Pretty clear at this point UPS is going to let this strike happen

BeachBoy

Here, we have PT's double and triple shifting. Volume is heavy.
I could work 7 days a week if I chose to. I'm happy just doing my 50 hours a week.
If we strike, my hub with 400 trucks is screwed.

ManInBrown

We don't have any delivery drives laid of and are working PT and FT air drivers most days delivering ground volume.
Do you have the slightest clue how pointless this information is? It doesn’t matter what’s going on at your little bumfk building in the middle of nowhere. It’s an anomaly. It’s not indicative of the big picture of what is occurring. There’s mass layoffs everywhere. We have feeder drivers that haven’t driven one week the entire year. Sleeper jobs gone. Feeder runs gone. Sorts closed and gone.

cosis

I would think if UPS was going to give in they would have already. Why take the risk in losing customers to USPS and Fedex? USPS pushing their new ground program is perfect timing, although not sure how than can fit anymore packages in the tiny trucks.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Hell with the part timers....
1689701234511.gif

moldsporh

Ironic.

SOB fighting for a better wage for PTers and they’re the ones, or at least the bottom 20%, are going to be the ones to pay the price.

I'm all for fair wages with this company, but I would like to see strong language on retirement and working conditions. We do get paid fairly well, and if a PT'er want's more money, then there's FT positions. When I was working PT in the AM, I also found another job...hence...PT.

I do get the fact a PT employee needs to eat and pay rent, I used the PT for benefits, health, and paid rent split 3 or 4 ways with roommates, we made it work.

I don't see how a PT can pay for a mortgage working PT in any job.

Again, I'm not against what we are trying to do, just throwing out a different objective in terms of where employees should source income.

That being said, I would like to see the PT wages increase, but obviously there's a sustainable limit for both sides.

oldupsman

Do you have the slightest clue how pointless this information is? It doesn’t matter what’s going on at your little bumfk building in the middle of nowhere. It’s an anomaly. It’s not indicative of the big picture of what is occurring. There’s mass layoffs everywhere. We have feeder drivers that haven’t driven one week the entire year. Sleeper jobs gone. Feeder runs gone. Sorts closed and gone.
I'm curious where you're at. Nothing like that at all is happening in Philadelphia metro area.

BeachBoy

I'm all for fair wages with this company, but I would like to see strong language on retirement and working conditions. We do get paid fairly well, and if a PT'er want's more money, then there's FT positions. When I was working PT in the AM, I also found another job...hence...PT.

I do get the fact a PT employee needs to eat and pay rent, I used the PT for benefits, health, and paid rent split 3 or 4 ways with roommates, we made it work.

I don't see how a PT can pay for a mortgage working PT in any job.

Again, I'm not against what we are trying to do, just throwing out a different objective in terms of where employees should source income.

That being said, I would like to see the PT wages increase, but obviously there's a sustainable limit for both sides.
Well, 7 years and I can't get full time. If I could, I'd have to take a freeze or a cut. Just because you got yours does not mean we shouldn't get ours.
We are ALL essential to the machine!

moldsporh

Just because you got yours does not mean we shouldn't get ours.
We are ALL essential to the machine!
Well, fwiw, I never implied that and also stated I'm for PT employees having increased wages.

I also stated I found another PT job to make ends meet.

I also stated there's a limit for BOTH sides...I don't know what that limit is.