Pretty clear at this point UPS is going to let this strike happen

moldsporh

Just because you got yours does not mean we shouldn't get ours.
We are ALL essential to the machine!
Meant to add, the only thing a strike will almost guarantee, is the loss of PT jobs, employees not working and who knows when they would come back. Goes for FT also but hey, I stand with our union, we are only strong as a whole. I guess I'm also stating a viewpoint from a realist.

If anyone thinks that if we strike we will return with the same full workforce they are living in a dreamworld.

This is why they need to get an agreement before deadline.

oldupsman

Obviously only anecdotal but my hub has been busier than usual the past couple shifts for some reason
In the last few months over 100 sorts have been shutdown across the nation and volume is still dropping.
I'm just asking the general location where all this is happeneing. I have a retirement breakfast every
2 weeks. We have guys who are still working in feeders come if they're on vacation. They're
working as much as ever. And my package driver who delivers to me and I've known for over 25 years
says the same. Could you just give me the location of theses 100 sorts that are closing?

Imabear

I'm just asking the general location where all this is happeneing. I have a retirement breakfast every
2 weeks. We have guys who are still working in feeders come if they're on vacation. They're
working as much as ever. And my package driver who delivers to me and I've known for over 25 years
says the same. Could you just give me the location of theses 100 sorts that are closing?
Theyre day sorts. My hub closed theor day sorts. It was all amazon packages from midnight they coudlnt handle. The work is just pushed back into night sort and new others hubs.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Clarksville?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I'm all for fair wages with this company, but I would like to see strong language on retirement and working conditions. We do get paid fairly well, and if a PT'er want's more money, then there's FT positions. When I was working PT in the AM, I also found another job...hence...PT.

I do get the fact a PT employee needs to eat and pay rent, I used the PT for benefits, health, and paid rent split 3 or 4 ways with roommates, we made it work.

I don't see how a PT can pay for a mortgage working PT in any job.

Again, I'm not against what we are trying to do, just throwing out a different objective in terms of where employees should source income.

That being said, I would like to see the PT wages increase, but obviously there's a sustainable limit for both sides.

A lot of them still live in mom and dad’s basement. They see no real reason to get a fulltime job

oldupsman

Clarksville?
See. I'm just having a hard time believing all this. My old building has a feeder seniority
list at over 300. And everybody is working. They're running sorts pretty much 24/7.
Slow down? People are shipping out as much as possible in case of a strike.

HarryWarden

Most of them need to understand a single PT job won't finance a vehicle, rent, iphone 15 MAX, restaurants, insurance, utilities, etc.

This is where I think we may have issues with this contract. Again, I'm for COLA and fair wages, but you need to find a 2nd job or go FT if you want to live on your own.
Where is anyone acting like a single job? Why do you think it’s for for them to get half the wage PLUS half the hours? Even if they’re working a second job the same hours they would be getting less pay

Trash Panda

Most of them need to understand a single PT job won't finance a vehicle, rent, iphone 15 MAX, restaurants, insurance, utilities, etc.

This is where I think we may have issues with this contract. Again, I'm for COLA and fair wages, but you need to find a 2nd job or go FT if you want to live on your own.
Yes it will, if your frugal with money and debt free. Being at the bottom of an on call board for some time before moving up the ranks was a bish but doable.

Hell even seasonal rate with minimal hours could work. Took a 20k plus hit transitioning here. Only thing it did was expose the dead weight in life like a mooch of a gf at the time.

Probably flies less in high cost of living areas.

moldsporh

Where is anyone acting like a single job? Why do you think it’s for for them to get half the wage PLUS half the hours? Even if they’re working a second job the same hours they would be getting less pay
My point was clear I thought.

If you NEED more money, then a second job will net more money.

The part you mention about "Where is anyone acting like it's a single job" is a moot point. I never mentioned or implied that.

I also stated I'm FOR HIGHER WAGES, but I also have stated there's a balance point in regards to profits.

I feel we are treading into areas that MAY not work out as we hope for.

Hypothetically...what happens after $25 per hour? Do you think UPS will ever pay $40 for PT work?

We need room for raises, and we are taking a huge bite out of that.

I may be wrong..but again, just an opinion.

I GOT ONE MORE

Just a reminder that the ‘97 strike sucked.
The local went all out

Attachments

• IMG_1374.jpeg
    IMG_1374.jpeg
    302.6 KB · Views: 25