Pretty clear at this point UPS is going to let this strike happen

Whatthewhat

I'm just asking the general location where all this is happeneing. I have a retirement breakfast every
2 weeks. We have guys who are still working in feeders come if they're on vacation. They're
working as much as ever. And my package driver who delivers to me and I've known for over 25 years
says the same. Could you just give me the location of theses 100 sorts that are closing?
Dallas night -
DFW night
Lonestar sunrise
Theres a thread from may that list a lot more of them.

Pullman Brown

Hell with the part timers....
giphy.gif

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
See. I'm just having a hard time believing all this. My old building has a feeder seniority
list at over 300. And everybody is working. They're running sorts pretty much 24/7.
Slow down? People are shipping out as much as possible in case of a strike.

Plus full vacation schedule.

Last edited:

Crosscutters

My point was clear I thought.

If you NEED more money, then a second job will net more money.

The part you mention about "Where is anyone acting like it's a single job" is a moot point. I never mentioned or implied that.

I also stated I'm FOR HIGHER WAGES, but I also have stated there's a balance point in regards to profits.

I feel we are treading into areas that MAY not work out as we hope for.

Hypothetically...what happens after $25 per hour? Do you think UPS will ever pay $40 for PT work?

We need room for raises, and we are taking a huge bite out of that.

I may be wrong..but again, just an opinion.
I don’t know the right number but you are arguing like you are the company. You know, the one that makes billions after stock buy backs. I would think coming to an answer would be easy.

moldsporh

you are arguing like you are the company
No way man..lol.

I'm just trying to see both sides....or understand the other side, at least give insight to people that don't view the economics of profits and shareholders.

Sure, they cranked out $B's with buybacks, total amount I have no idea. Wouldn't it be a safe assumption that a company would also need some ability for buy backs?

In layman's terms, I keep hearing that they have all this money, and had record profits while having buy backs, but how would we be as employees if they didn't have this profit...in terms of job security?

I'm sure you understand this, but I feel many young workers don't.

upschuck

Where is anyone acting like a single job? Why do you think it’s for for them to get half the wage PLUS half the hours? Even if they’re working a second job the same hours they would be getting less pay
For one, PT has not made the commitment that the FT person has. Lot more wear and tear on the body working FT.

DOK

No way man..lol.

I'm just trying to see both sides....or understand the other side, at least give insight to people that don't view the economics of profits and shareholders.

Sure, they cranked out $B's with buybacks, total amount I have no idea. Wouldn't it be a safe assumption that a company would also need some ability for buy backs?

In layman's terms, I keep hearing that they have all this money, and had record profits while having buy backs, but how would we be as employees if they didn't have this profit...in terms of job security?

I'm sure you understand this, but I feel many young workers don't.
They can use a small portion of the buyback money to pay the PT’ers. Would make little to no difference in stock price.