Progressive Constitutionalist versus Originalist Constitutionalist

El Correcto

god is dead
I agree with the irrationality of such a position, but put yourself on record here:

Do you think businesses should have a legal right to discriminate against women, non-whites, homosexuals, opera singers, hippies, Catholics, Muslims, Buddhists, etc.?

Whatever your answer is, just answer the question.
Yes.

El Correcto

god is dead
It’s funny because the left will jump to defend Facebook and Twitter censoring conservatives while simultaneously defending nfl players.

At least I’m consistent with my stance.

Yaba Daba Do

Donkey Punch Extraordinaire
Say Bob had a :censored2: shop. Bob has a policy where he refuses to serve blacks and women. What is there to stop Steve from opening a :censored2: shop on the opposite corner? When Steve open his shop he will get not only blacks and women but also everyone else that sees he is racist and sexist. Steve would put bob out of business in a month.

El Correcto

god is dead
Say Bob had a :censored2: shop. Bob has a policy where he refuses to serve blacks and women. What is there to stop Steve from opening a :censored2: shop on the opposite corner? When Steve open his shop he will get not only blacks and women but also everyone else that sees he is racist and sexist. Steve would put bob out of business in a month.
I do think @MAKAVELI brought up a good argument when it comes to small business in small towns on fringes of society.

I compeletely agree though and think most people would support Steve and especially if he opened up online commerce. Justice warrior would flock.

MAKAVELI

Might as well give businesses the right to enact slavery.

El Correcto

god is dead
I don’t really agree with minimum wage laws either. Free market should decide wages. If a business offers to whip you and pay you nothing, I’d suggest filling out an application elsewhere.

Businesses purchasing human beings and forcing them with violence is a no from me though.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
It’s funny because the left will jump to defend Facebook and Twitter censoring conservatives while simultaneously defending nfl players.

At least I’m consistent with my stance.
There's those classic delusions of persecution you Republicans love to cry about again.

MAKAVELI

I don’t really agree with minimum wage laws either. Free market should decide wages. If a business offers to whip you and pay you nothing, I’d suggest filling out an application elsewhere.

Businesses purchasing human beings and forcing them with violence is a no from me though.
Why stop their freedoms at purchasing human beings forcing them with violence?

BrownArmy

Thank you.

I take it back, you’re not from the 1950’s, you’re from the 1850’s.

I’m trying to come at this from the 3050’s.

We’re going to die here on this planet, especially with the prevalent regressive attitudes of folk like you.

(I’m sure you’re personally a nice individual, and I have no doubt we would get along famously at the bar, or whatever).

But come on, we have to stop arguing about this nonsense, it’s beside the point.

Ever wonder why the aliens never showed up?

Their civilizations self-destructed on internet forums and fake news, and they drowned in the effluent-byproduct of whatever their power source was, just like we’re currently doing.

Anyway, sleep tight!

El Correcto

god is dead
Thank you.

I take it back, you’re not from the 1950’s, you’re from the 1850’s.

I’m trying to come at this from the 3050’s.

We’re going to die here on this planet, especially with the prevalent regressive attitudes of folk like you.

(I’m sure you’re personally a nice individual, and I have no doubt we would get along famously at the bar, or whatever).

But come on, we have to stop arguing about this nonsense, it’s beside the point.

Ever wonder why the aliens never showed up?

Their civilizations self-destructed on internet forums and fake news, and they drowned in the effluent-byproduct of whatever their power source was, just like we’re currently doing.

Anyway, sleep tight!
Good night my sweet little bay stater. Don’t let dying on this planet get you down. Plenty of people have already.

Yaba Daba Do

Donkey Punch Extraordinaire
Owning someone as property and refusing to provide someone with a good or service is slightly different. I am not saying it’s right. In this extreme scenario the business owner refusing service to blacks people or women or whoever would be absolutely wrong but I think the market should be what fixes the problem, and it would fix the problem in that example. I don’t think the government should be telling private business owners who they can or can not serve.

Take the recent cake shop owners case. He made cakes for the gay couple multiple times with no problem whatsoever. He is a religious man and believes marriage should be between a man and a woman and it was against his morals to provide his product for that occasion. The government should not be able to force him provide his services for something he is fundamentally opposed to.

BrownArmy

Good night my sweet little bay stater. Don’t let dying on this planet get you down. Plenty of people have already.

Talking about ‘bay state’ or whatever that means:

Here’s a scenario - you go to a convienent store, S. Patel tells you he doesn’t serve your kind.

S. Patel was born right here in America.

You OK with what you’re proposing?

El Correcto

god is dead
Talking about ‘bay state’ or whatever that means:

Here’s a scenario - you go to a convienent store, S. Patel tells you he doesn’t serve your kind.

S. Patel was born right here in America.

You OK with what you’re proposing?
I encourage it. I don’t want bigots getting my money anyways. Please by all means make yourself known.