Progressive Constitutionalist versus Originalist Constitutionalist

Yaba Daba Do

Donkey Punch Extraordinaire
But, what?

You’re OK in theory that a business owner could refuse women/blacks/gays/muslims/Catholics/single-mothers?

And the remedy is that high-minded people like yourself just wouldn’t patronize that establishment?

Please.
A private business owner, yes. If he didn’t serve black people it wouldn’t just be black people that didn’t patronize his business trust me. He would not be in business very long. I would not agree with his decision but like I said before, it is his business and you don’t have a right to his labor. You can not force him to provide you a good or service. It would be different if the government came in and said no one can serve certain groups and make it illegal like with Jim Crow, but that is not what would be happening.

MAKAVELI

I believe in people’s freedoms and rights. This includes business owner, Christians and fetuses. Something liberals don’t understand.
I believe in freedom from discrimination and oppression. Something cuckservatives don't understand.

MAKAVELI

I don’t think there’s enough bigots to offset denying yourself capitol from a large majority of normal people.

I think competition would wipe them out.
Major corporations are more affected by the majority. Small businesses can thrive off the fringe.

BrownArmy

He’s just chasing his tail.

By all means, weigh in here, the guys I’m currently sparring with seem to be proposing that it would be totally rational for a business to discriminate against anyone and/or everyone they personally disagree with, and that the remedy would be that people of conscience wouldn’t need to go there.

I disagree.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I know Government isn’t the solution, but sometimes you have to drop the hammer...

Hammer Time

8BE34893-5523-4066-AC00-E233710A5DD4.jpeg

El Correcto

god is dead
By all means, weigh in here, the guys I’m currently sparring with seem to be proposing that it would be totally rational for a business to discriminate against anyone and/or everyone they personally disagree with, and that the remedy would be that people of conscience wouldn’t need to go there.

I disagree.
I don’t think it would be rational for them to do so. I think they should be free to do so.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage

I disagree.
Ive been following but I’m unsure ... it is a difficult topic!
I see both sides but there are some problematic issues that need to be thought through before implementation.

BrownArmy

I don’t think it would be rational for them to do so. I think they should be free to do so.

I agree with the irrationality of such a position, but put yourself on record here:

Do you think businesses should have a legal right to discriminate against women, non-whites, homosexuals, opera singers, hippies, Catholics, Muslims, Buddhists, etc.?

Whatever your answer is, just answer the question.