PROJECT DRAGON

They moving your job 60 miles away is an unnecessary burden on you, so you should be able to get unemployment benefits. As others have said, the power is in their hands. All you can do is quit and get unemployment at best.
am at the point i can retire if i choose or i can suck it up and drive cause i will not move at this or any point but would like to get at least another 2 years out of this hell hole to get to early social security. going back back on road is out of the question period

floridays

am at the point i can retire if i choose or i can suck it up and drive cause i will not move at this or any point but would like to get at least another 2 years out of this hell hole to get to early social security. going back back on road is out of the question period
I hope it works out for you.
Best Wishes
:thumbup1:

falcon back

If you can retire, I highly suggest it. Did it a while back and it is better than I thought it would be. Go for it.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Why, you to fat and lazy to do any real work?

MassWineGuy

yea... but why do you dislike them?

we have dispatchers in-house and we love them all -- they get to know us more than a few lines of text on the screen, we get to know them more than their signature, we pass knowledge while their refilling their coffee IV... they bitch at us about their challenges, we bitch at them about ours, in the end, everyone learns how to make life easier.

Why? There is one guy who has no idea how to do an effective job. If a route needs help he’ll broadcast: “Who can help (rt. number)?” Believe me, no one volunteers. Instead of being familiar with nearby routes that he can specifically ask.

Or after I go to the office at an apartment complex and it’s closed. I’m pressed for time but he tells me to go find the maintenance person to let me in. Do I simply walk around calling out for that person? Or avoid lates with other stops?

There are others that are also terrible.

dezguy

Why? There is one guy who has no idea how to do an effective job. If a route needs help he’ll broadcast: “Who can help (rt. number)?” Believe me, no one volunteers. Instead of being familiar with nearby routes that he can specifically ask.

Or after I go to the office at an apartment complex and it’s closed. I’m pressed for time but he tells me to go find the maintenance person to let me in. Do I simply walk around calling out for that person? Or avoid lates with other stops?

There are others that are also terrible.
The dispatcher isn't your manager. Apartment office is closed. He/she can call to confirm, if they'd like but it's getting coded closed and I'll be on my merry way.

floridays

Don't be jealous that you retired broke and I didn't. Proper planning would have eliminated your predicament.
Such a jackass
jackass.jpg
. actually
original jackass.jpg

you still have no idea of what you fell into by chance, luck of the draw, right place, perfect time.
It's no wonder most here despise you.

Last edited:

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
The dispatcher isn't your manager. Apartment office is closed. He/she can call to confirm, if they'd like but it's getting coded closed and I'll be on my merry way.
Dispatch is On-Road manager and is to be afforded the same respect you give your Ops manager.

Little to none. :=))

MassWineGuy

Dispatch is On-Road manager and is to be afforded the same respect you give your Ops manager.

Little to none. :=))

Uh oh! Then I’m in trouble.

My manager hates this dispatcher and backs me up. She won’t even take phone calls from him.

And yes, I coded the stop closed and left.

floridays

You can make fun all you want. I make more playing bad golf and fishing than you clocking in each day. Who is the jackass and who is living the good life?
I hit a nerve.

I've made money off squealers.

Open up, Sir.

I don't hit a clock.

Last edited:

vantexan

I hit a nerve.

I've made money off squealers.

Open up, Sir.

I don't hit a clock.
I feel like you're saying something really meaningful and I'm too slow to get it. You're playing jazz piano and I'm tooting on a harmonica. Please dumb it down for us mortals!

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Don't be jealous that you retired broke and I didn't. Proper planning would have eliminated your predicament.
I don’t care if you think I live in a cardboard box. Think what you want but I’m doing just fine. That is as long as you don’t move into my neighborhood.