PROJECT DRAGON

Star B

White Lightening
Dispatch is On-Road manager and is to be afforded the same respect you give your Ops manager.
I give the dispatchers more respect than I give managers because the dispatchers are there for the long haul, while the managers run away six hours into their shift, sometimes even sooner.

Thankfully the dispatchers I have have my back because they know that if I'm pushing back there's a reason for it. That's one of the benefits of having them out of your own station.

One of our old dispatchers read one of our customers the riot act about how they're the ones that aren't in compliance with the agreement and when I show up at ready time if it's not ready... I'll be there tomorrow, and while we do care about their shipment, they were the ones that told us when they would have the package packed and ready for us to pick up, not for them to decide to package it and wait an additional 15 minutes for them to do it.

And then when the eventual complaint came down the pipeline, we both told management the story and they basically told the customer that we were both right and it's their responsibility for the package to be ready to go at that time.

Working4the1%

I give the dispatchers more respect than I give managers because the dispatchers are there for the long haul, while the managers run away six hours into their shift, sometimes even sooner.

Thankfully the dispatchers I have have my back because they know that if I'm pushing back there's a reason for it. That's one of the benefits of having them out of your own station.

One of our old dispatchers read one of our customers the riot act about how they're the ones that aren't in compliance with the agreement and when I show up at ready time if it's not ready... I'll be there tomorrow, and while we do care about their shipment, they were the ones that told us when they would have the package packed and ready for us to pick up, not for them to decide to package it and wait an additional 15 minutes for them to do it.

And then when the eventual complaint came down the pipeline, we both told management the story and they basically told the customer that we were both right and it's their responsibility for the package to be ready to go at that time.
Push 1 if your package is ready now…

floridays

Obviously a two or so package pick up.
We have dedicated flights, for certain customers, play that game with them and you, the dispatcher and manager will not sing the same tune.

Not to be a jerk, just don't be so cocky.

Stat41

You can make fun all you want. I make more playing bad golf and fishing than you clocking in each day. Who is the jackass and who is living the good life?
If spending time on self-indulgent pursuits and trivial sports is your idea of "the good life" I guess you and I have different ideas. Nothing wrong with golf and fishing, but if the focus is mainly on that, I would like to submit you are living the selfish life, not the good life. I havent even seen you offer a kind word to anyone on this forum. And words take a lot less effort than swinging a club or baiting a hook. I would like to suggest you create an alternate ID on this forum and come on as "good Falcon" and post things that are less argumentative and more understanding and see how it feels to have people give you positive reactions for a change. At any rate I do hope you find the good life while still being able to enjoy golfing and fishing. I hope to get there myself one day. With the possible exception that I stink at golf and get bored with fishing.

bacha29

If spending time on self-indulgent pursuits and trivial sports is your idea of "the good life" I guess you and I have different ideas. Nothing wrong with golf and fishing, but if the focus is mainly on that, I would like to submit you are living the selfish life, not the good life. I havent even seen you offer a kind word to anyone on this forum. And words take a lot less effort than swinging a club or baiting a hook. I would like to suggest you create an alternate ID on this forum and come on as "good Falcon" and post things that are less argumentative and more understanding and see how it feels to have people give you positive reactions for a change. At any rate I do hope you find the good life while still being able to enjoy golfing and fishing. I hope to get there myself one day. With the possible exception that I stink at golf and get bored with fishing.
Spot on man. For some reason he thinks that his daily activities are something unique or exceptional. Now if today he was spending his time in service to his fellow man or working on a potentially impactful new product or service or worked preserving fish habitat that would be deserving of our attention.
But, taking a little stick and hitting a little ball into a little hole or watching a bunch of cars relegated to the track by of their obsolescence going round and around is something the rest of us are supposed to be envious of,.... sorry Old Falcon Fart... it's going to take more than just that.... a lot more to impress the people on this thread.

And given how self indulgent and self serving Old Falcon Fart is I doubt that he would even be considerate enough of his fellow man to go get vaccinated against COVID.

Stat41

Spot on man. For some reason he thinks that his daily activities are something unique or exceptional. Now if today he was spending his time in service to his fellow man or working on a potentially impactful new product or service or worked preserving fish habitat that would be deserving of our attention.
But, taking a little stick and hitting a little ball into a little hole or watching a bunch of cars relegated to the track by of their obsolescence going round and around is something the rest of us are supposed to be envious of,.... sorry Old Falcon Fart... it's going to take more than just that.... a lot more to impress the people on this thread.

And given how self indulgent and self serving Old Falcon Fart is I doubt that he would even be considerate enough of his fellow man to go get vaccinated against COVID.
Theres nothing wrong with pursuing hobbies or watching sports. Most of us enjoy them. Its just a question of priorities. I really think if Falcon and I were to meet at the 19th hole, we would get along just fine. I appreciate honesty, especially if we disagree. After all, he has every right to be wrong. :wink2: As far as the vaccine issue, I am not going to put even one foot in that minefield.

falcon back

LOL? Like you spend your days working on an impactful products. I forgot, you are the financial genius of BC. How can I ever match your accomplishments, you constantly remind me how dumb I am.
Hitting a ball in the hole? You give me too much credit. I hit a ball in the water, the trees, the sand and a few other places. Every now and then it goes in the hole. I am scheduled for 9 later today. Since I am in New Hampshire, I figured I might as well play bad golf here.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
LOL? Like you spend your days working on an impactful products. I forgot, you are the financial genius of BC. How can I ever match your accomplishments, you constantly remind me how dumb I am.
Hitting a ball in the hole? You give me too much credit. I hit a ball in the water, the trees, the sand and a few other places. Every now and then it goes in the hole. I am scheduled for 9 later today. Since I am in New Hampshire, I figured I might as well play bad golf here.
I’m waiting for your alter-ego and sock puppet account “Swanson” to hit the like icon for this posting too. 😆

bacha29

This morning I picked some blueberries from my backyard bush to serve to my Parkinson's Disease afflicted brother for his enjoyment. Helped a new next door neighbor moving in. Checked on the well being of another neighbor afflicted with shingles and his wife who is recovering from cancer surgery And yes, I talked to my financial advisor on what stocks to target given the ongoing market correction. This PM I'll be staking tomatoes and filling up birdfeeders.
It might help to explain why nobody has any time for your "hey, look at me" grab for attention. The things I do are not needing of attention because they are the everyday chores many Americans do on a daily basis focusing on making a production contribution right up to the point when the ravages of ageing prevent them from doing so.

So please, enjoy what your doing but I'm sorry to inform you that nobody gives a rodent's expletive deleted about your petty and inconsequential little life.

falcon back

This morning I picked some blueberries from my backyard bush to serve to my Parkinson's Disease afflicted brother for his enjoyment. Helped a new next door neighbor moving in. Checked on the well being of another neighbor afflicted with shingles and his wife who is recovering from cancer surgery And yes, I talked to my financial advisor on what stocks to target given the ongoing market correction. This PM I'll be staking tomatoes and filling up birdfeeders.
It might help to explain why nobody has any time for your "hey, look at me" grab for attention. The things I do are not needing of attention because they are the everyday chores many Americans do on a daily basis focusing on making a production contribution right up to the point when the ravages of ageing prevent them from doing so.

So please, enjoy what your doing but I'm sorry to inform you that nobody gives a rodent's expletive deleted about your petty and inconsequential little life.
Prove it

Star B

White Lightening
Obviously a two or so package pick up.
We have dedicated flights, for certain customers, play that game with them and you, the dispatcher and manager will not sing the same tune.
If they get their own dedicated can from that location and bigger, they get a metric ton more leeway on what they can do. This customer was a daily pup that just wouldn't get it even though I tried for weeks to get them to be at least under 5 minutes of wait time.

Once they pulled the "we're a medical place you gotta wait as long as it takes" was when it flipped to "nope, no I don't, bye!"

There's another pup in the same town, 10x harder work because their stuff doesn't stack, but I'll bend over backwards for that customer because they keep us in the loop no matter what. Closed early, needs a semi, needs a pup later than expected because of additional "gotta go" volume, understands we have deadlines too... you know that type... understands that we have a job to do too and it's up to the team to make it work.

bacha29

It's impossible for me to do so and here's why. Your life is all about you. Therefore, because your life is all about you there is simply no space available for I or any of us to bow down in envy and humble adoration of your completely ordinary and unimpressive life. You expect to vote you into the All Star Game Of Life despite the fact that your hitting .172.

Stat41

So please, enjoy what your doing but I'm sorry to inform you that nobody gives a rodent's expletive deleted about your petty and inconsequential little lif

He probably cant prove it man. But I can tell you this is the time of year that blueberries need picking, and tomatoes are growing like crazy. I have both in my garden. And if you dont feed the birds, they will absolutely decimate the blueberries in a very short time. I guess my point is that the blueberry, tomato, and bird feeding is consistent with the truth as I know it. Therefore the rest is probably true also. Hope that helps you.

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
I’m waiting for your alter-ego and sock puppet account “Swanson” to hit the like icon for this posting too. 😆
How did you find out🤣🤣 I enjoy Falcon's commentary here he is witty entertaining and living the dream (unlike you).
falcon.jpg