Protective

bacha29

Right 59 Dano. They seem to have unlimited resources when it come to litigation. I think they know themslves that the cost of trying to keep the current IC model will in the end be greater than the economic benefit. What they are trying to say and they have said this publicly and that is the courts will not tell Fedex how to do business.

bbsam

Staff member
Right 59 Dano. They seem to have unlimited resources when it come to litigation. I think they know themslves that the cost of trying to keep the current IC model will in the end be greater than the economic benefit. What they are trying to say and they have said this publicly and that is the courts will not tell Fedex how to do business.
But the courts agree and will continue to do so. They will occasionally tell X how they can't do business but the courts won't tell them how they must do business.

dmac1

But the courts agree and will continue to do so. They will occasionally tell X how they can't do business but the courts won't tell them how they must do business.
And fedex will make little changes so the whole matter needs to be relitigated from the start with each change. Until they are smacked significantly, they will continue to skirt the law whenever possible. Question is- is the 1/4 billion payout in just one state significant??? Next time, damages will almost certainly include some puniotive award, seeing as how fedex has now been warned.

soc151

Protective = worst. I'm not one to recommend hiring a work comp lawyer, but someone should at least consult with one before filing a claim with them. That's all I have to say on that subject.