PT OT question.

Jvoorhees1984

As a preloader, if I am working 7 1/2 hours a day, even with the hour lunch, how does the OT section on my timecard say “0.32 hours”? Am I being screwed?

Jvoorhees1984

How can that be when for part timers anything worked over 5 hours is considered overtime? In December, anything worked over 5 hours was overtime.

MarvelousMunata

The Scapegoat With Attitude
Part timers go into OT after 5 hours.
What was ur start time and on what day? Because there can be a few reasons why it did that on your time card.

Jvoorhees1984

With the lunch it’s basically more or less 6 and change hours a day. All of those hours, 30hrs are in the regular pay column. 0.32 in the OT column. Something is off with that. 4-5 of those hours should be considered OT.

MarvelousMunata

With the lunch it’s basically more or less 6 and change hours a day. All of those hours, 30hrs are in the regular pay column. 0.32 in the OT column. Something is off with that. 4-5 of those hours should be considered OT.
wth...what am not understanding here. Is he a preloader part timer or full?

Jvoorhees1984

The understanding I get is that being that I’m brought in early (2am) they need to give me the extended ‘lunch’ . If it was up to me I’d just take a half hour ‘lunch’. I’m now basically feeling that they are more or less screwing me with the OT.

MarvelousMunata

The understanding I get is that being that I’m brought in early (2am) they need to give me the extended ‘lunch’ . If it was up to me I’d just take a half hour ‘lunch’. I’m now basically feeling that they are more or less screwing me with the OT.
What extended lunch? What exactly do u do on preload? Cuz they dont extend anything regardless how early. Especially if ur working less than 8 hours.

MarvelousMunata

Screenshot_20180824-182537_Messages.jpg

Jvoorhees1984

This is what I’ve been told since they have been bringing me in early. That’s the only answers I have about the ‘lunch.’ The more concerning thing to me is that i feel like
My timecard is being manipulated and I’m being screwed out of 4-5 ovetime hours a week.

Jvoorhees1984

By that chart, being that listed on the timecard is “0.32”, they paid me for 19 minutes of overtime when I worked 5 hours of ovetime. That’s ....... that’s just great.

MarvelousMunata

7 and a half hours worked should pop up as 5 regular hours and then 2.50 OT
If ur taking more than 10 minute break.
( Sorry my bad. We dont get 15 minutes, we only get 10 min. Idky i said 15)
But if ur taking about an hour break, its possibly theyre clocking you out for that time. Because if u take a break longer than 10 minutes, by contract they dont have to pay for that. But if you only take a 10 minute break they pay you the 10 minutes

Jvoorhees1984

Even with the punchout, that still leaves me with 6 and change hours worked. For the week that is 5 hours of overtime. Something is not correct here.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
This is what I’ve been told since they have been bringing me in early. That’s the only answers I have about the ‘lunch.’ The more concerning thing to me is that i feel like
My timecard is being manipulated and I’m being screwed out of 4-5 ovetime hours a week.
r u in the union yet or on 30 days

MarvelousMunata

By that chart, being that listed on the timecard is “0.32”, they paid me for 19 minutes of overtime when I worked 5 hours of ovetime. That’s ....... that’s just great.
If u worked 7.5 hours. Thats little oher 2 hours overtime. But if ur taking an hour break thats 5 hours worked and 1.5 hours ot.

Oooooo unless youre taking a break before u hit 5 hours. Then they clock u out and when they clock u back in after ur hour break it restarts the timer from that point. So thats why u only have 19 minutes ot.

Yoooooo theyre * playin u. Stop taking that hour break. Only take the 10 minutes. Ur part time. Hour break is not required

Last edited by a moderator: