PT pay increase

unloady

Most Part-timers have very little seniority and no interest to stay around.

As for me, union meetings are scheduled right in the middle of my third job. I file on things around the hub pretty regularly, but I've never been to a meeting in my 9 years. You're never going to get an active PT union presence when the entire structure of the job exists to attract transient people and students for 1-2 years, at most, before they want fresh meat. That's on the rest of the union to fix.

Nobody is going to stay at a $10-12/hr job for a few years and get active in the union on the off-chance that it might get a little better if everybody does the same. You're setting up PTers to fail and then blaming them when they do.

They'd get better quality if they didn't make it a part-time job. Increase the wage a few dollars. They can load 3-4 trucks in 3-4 hours. Take an hour break. Load three 3-4 more trucks the next few hours. UPS, the corporation, doesn't really give a flying leotard about any pt'er or package driver for that matter. That's why the union exists. And also to rape us with dues.

Think about it. You'd pay them $16-19 an hour. Halve the benefits, and still save $2-3 an hour by having less people. And people save time paying drivers by having incompetent, illiterate dregs on the payroll. Just bring in the turds during peak. Make it 35-40 hour work week before overtime or 8 hour shifts.

You read my mind with everything you just said about the part time workforce. At the very least allow us to double shift everyday if want.

dogs.bite.me

You read my mind with everything you just said about the part time workforce. At the very least allow us to double shift everyday if want.

Heard they are looking into doing this.
Insurance rates for what they get out of the part timers costs the company a lot.

Look for a new hybrid type job. Art 22.4 job that is a hybrid driver/inside who tops out in the mid $20 range

dogs.bite.me

Insurance rates for what they get out of the part timers costs the company a lot.

Look for a new hybrid type job. Art 22.4 job that is a hybrid driver/inside who tops out in the mid $20 range
This would also be full time, so a guaranteed 8 hours

Tony Q

Heard from a union guy today to vote yes on the strike and that they want to increase starting pay to 15 an hour. How are those who have years seniority on the new guys gunna feel when they are making almost the same amount? Or do you just have to deal with it. Ive been pt for 4 years.
If everyone would go straight to 15 an hour regardless, wouldn't this be a will for us all collectively?

WorkingAsDirected

High tide raises all boats. The union should be focused on raising wages for ALL part timers. Starting wage should be a non issue. Management knows they shot themselves in the foot by keeping starting wage low and will want to raise it in order to stay competitive in the job market.

Last edited:

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
They'd get better quality if they didn't make it a part-time job. Increase the wage a few dollars. They can load 3-4 trucks in 3-4 hours. Take an hour break. Load three 3-4 more trucks the next few hours. UPS, the corporation, doesn't really give a flying leotard about any pt'er or package driver for that matter. That's why the union exists. And also to rape us with dues.

Think about it. You'd pay them $16-19 an hour. Halve the benefits, and still save $2-3 an hour by having less people. And people save time paying drivers by having incompetent, illiterate dregs on the payroll. Just bring in the turds during peak. Make it 35-40 hour work week before overtime or 8 hour shifts.
Absolutley no cutting benefits for pt'ers I have been there 20 years always get my guarantee
and enjoy the benefits. I work with a lot of people ( pt'ers) in the same situation. I pay $65.00 per month union dues. Why would you cut my benefits ?

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

The PTs in our building got bumped to 14$ an hour already. Lots of pissed off workers who were on the job for several years and only making 14 or 15$ an hour when the company made the change. Should have at least given them a 2$ raise.

unloady

This would also be full time, so a guaranteed 8 hours

While i would absolutley love that gig because i would be full time finally i feel like that would hurt the pay for full time drivers. They will just make those "hybrid" drivers run a full route every day at a 1/3 of the pay. I just want more full times jobs in this company besides only driving. Its so hard to get combo posistions. 4 a hours a day doesnt pay the bills and working two or three jobs to supplement that gets old after awhile. I just want to be fulltime at ups. Increase the starting wage if they want and give all those senior employees full time oppurtunties. I dunno its all a mess.