PT pay increase

mikejonesjr

Heard from a union guy today to vote yes on the strike and that they want to increase starting pay to 15 an hour. How are those who have years seniority on the new guys gunna feel when they are making almost the same amount? Or do you just have to deal with it. Ive been pt for 4 years.

Pizza

Joe Biden is The Big Guy
It won't be 15. I would be surprised if it even goes to 11.50.

We need low paid no benefit PT so drivers can be paid what they are.

cachmeifucan

11.50 doesn't even keep up with minimum wage in most city's. Chicago minimum wage 11 and goes to up to 12.00$ July 1st 2018. So how can they compete in suburbs of Chicago who's towns choose to opt out. But around here they bus the part time employee in from Chicago

Pizza

Joe Biden is The Big Guy
11.50 doesn't even keep up with minimum wage in most city's. Chicago minimum wage 11 and goes to up to 12.00$ July 1st 2018. So how can they compete in suburbs of Chicago who's towns choose to opt out. But around here they bus the part time employee in from Chicago

Most cities? I would bet about 85% of the country has a minimum wage under 9.00

Pizza

Joe Biden is The Big Guy
You part timers are your worst enemy. If the majority of you guys pulled together you'd have the upper hand vs the company.

We make a decent wage have benefits and pension and only come to work when we fell like it.

Can't get fired unless we steal something or get in a fight.

Seems pretty good to me.

Nike

Why is there such a push to reward people who have never worked a day for the company?
Let's start by helping those who have already established themselves by getting better raises and benefits.
You want war, raise everybody's starting wage to that of a 5 or 6 year employee without boosting their wage at all.

Staydryitsraining

The new pt wage will probably be around 15. May not be that high but will be significant. I dont see these new hire 75 and 125 a week bonuses lasting. You probably will be making the same as a new hire, theres no way the company will give more money to existing employees.

Indecisi0n

But at the same time, we are in the same union as part timers. Should we not be fighting for solutions that benefit all teamsters, not just certain groups within?
We should. I am just so sick and tired of PTers complaining all the time then when asked to go to a meeting they laugh and say "I'm busy". So when they get screwed now at the contract I just laugh at them.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Heard from a union guy today to vote yes on the strike and that they want to increase starting pay to 15 an hour. How are those who have years seniority on the new guys gunna feel when they are making almost the same amount? Or do you just have to deal with it. Ive been pt for 4 years.
Bingo. Any raise in starting pay needs to be met with a substantial one time raise for all non red circled part timers.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Why is there such a push to reward people who have never worked a day for the company?
Let's start by helping those who have already established themselves by getting better raises and benefits.
You want war, raise everybody's starting wage to that of a 5 or 6 year employee without boosting their wage at all.
That's why I'd much rather the union focus on part timer progression.

Got into it with my BA last contract because they were touting this huge $1.50 starting pay increase and I said yeah but it's only like a 70 cent progression raise. You rewarded people who just started by punishing those who stick around. Great job taking care of union members.

Dritalin

The last I heard they were asking for 15 starting and "Catch up" pay raises. I'm assuming that means getting the longer stay PT guys raises, who knows what though.