PT pay with minimum hiring rates

Days

Looking for some clarification, I went on upsers to look at my contract impact statement. I shifted over to wages and noticed something I hope is right.

The hiring rate at our hub is 15.00 and is a minimum that everyone gets. The impact statement is reporting that I'll get the 70 cent GWI and be at 15.70 in August. If this is right I'll be voting yes, but I just want to make sure

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Looking for some clarification, I went on upsers to look at my contract impact statement. I shifted over to wages and noticed something I hope is right.

The hiring rate at our hub is 15.00 and is a minimum that everyone gets. The impact statement is reporting that I'll get the 70 cent GWI and be at 15.70 in August. If this is right I'll be voting yes, but I just want to make sure
it's quite possible when the contract is ratified, your rate "could" drop back to $13.70 etc, once UPS gets the yes vote out of you.

I Don't think that's how it's works.

Ask @Bastiatian

Days

Ya, dont worry about anyone else or the rest of the contract. Vote YES! Every man for himself!

Coming from a driver that has sold out part timers every contract? No driver should be criticizing me about selling out. This contract under these terms offers me a 1.50 raise that would've taken me.3 years to get

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Coming from a driver that has sold out part timers every contract? No driver should be criticizing me about selling out. This contract under these terms offers me a 1.50 raise that would've taken me.3 years to get
And what happens in three years?

Days

He's right as long as the language on PT wages stays the same when the contract finally passes, and then he'll get a retro check. I wasn't sure I'd get the $0.70 either but my BA told me we do.

Thanks for the clarification. Makes me happy that my wage isn't frozen at 15.00 for 3+ years

cachmeifucan

What part of country you in maybe Seattle but I doubt it.

mikejonesjr

I bet the app just doesnt work in your unique situation. Or you would have been getting GWI in February too with everyone else. Its just an example, its not accurate in my case either.

Days

I bet the app just doesnt work in your unique situation. Or you would have been getting GWI in February too with everyone else. Its just an example, its not accurate in my case either.

I started right after the last contract so I didn't receive GWI.
I asked for a 1-1.50 raise to get to 15 start and that's exactly what I'm getting. So I should vote yes

mikejonesjr

I started right after the last contract so I didn't receive GWI.
I asked for a 1-1.50 raise to get to 15 start and that's exactly what I'm getting. So I should vote yes
Ya but it goes by your actual pay rate not what your getting because of your location, that estimated bs doesnt know the difference it just adds the GWI to whatever it sees. Good luck tho.

km3

I was just relaying what my BA told me, which is that we do get the GWI on Wednesday (even though we won't see it right away). I strongly recommend you call your local and talk to your BA instead of relying on what anybody, including myself, says on here though.

Days

I'd really like a definite answer. I think I will call. I'd hate to vote yes and then this doesn't happen. I'd be pretty mad

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member

And this is the problem.

I'm a part timer making less than you.
I'm voting no.

As my mother would say, two wrongs don't make a right.

Yep. We've been screwed in past contracts.
But you've gotta be bigger than that. There's more here than just individual gain.
And for most of these guys, it wasn't a conscious choice. They didn't think about part timers. They didn't mean to screw you.
We are a brotherhood. We need to act like one.

We can all walk away with a win, this time. We've just got to be playing on the same team.
Please be part of our team. :happy2: