PT preload, air driver going to 22.3 tues-sat combo questions

PizzaToUps

How messed up is it that a part time air driver has to go through 4 year progression to get topped out as an air driver and gets the yearly raises each year. They are happy right? And then they win a bid on an air combo job and they are making you go through another 4 year air progression and you have to go back down to $17 an hour. You shouldn’t have to go through article 40 progression twice.

PizzaToUps

Is there anywhere in the contract that says an employee must complete article 40 progression twice? Once as part time and then once again as full time? Seems ridiculous.

11.19igrad

What ever happened with your pay rate? I was an air driver for 4 years, hit top rate as a part time air driver in the previous contract. I accepted a 22.3 combo air/inside and now they are making me drop down to $17 an hour because part time air progression is different than full time air progression
horrid

PizzaToUps

The way I’m looking at it is that you only need to go through article 40 progression once. The only difference between the part time and full time wage scale is that they give a $2 bonus to the full timers going through progression. Management claims you have to go through full time progression once and I understand that. If I were to take a full time inside job, my rate progression would start whenever it was when I accepted the 22.3 position. But in this case, I already went through article 40 so I should just automatically be at the top full time rate.