Pt sup said if i dont work thru break im not working as directed

DriverNerd

It depends on your supplement too. In the central it says you are entited to a 10 minute break not sooner than 1 hour into your shift, but it doesn't specify when you are to get it. Just because the hub shuts down for break, doesn't mean they have to give you a break then. Some supplements also say if you're not given a break they have to pay you an extra 10 minutes of pay.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Tell him it's literally impossible to work through break, if you're working, you're not on break, and if you're on break, you're not working. He's giving you an order you can't follow, creating a hostile work environment and harassing you in violation of article 37 of the master contract.

It's like being told to expect the unexpected. Ok, I expect the unexpected event of a meteor hitting the hub today, so I'll stay at home, as directed.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
In feeder many times we didnt take our breaks because of weather and chaining conditions. There was a pride in most of us to make service . On the way back if I had empties I would take a break or take the break at end of shift.

You should be able to take a break even if it at end of shift. If it were me I would take a longer than usual bathroom break. They can not deny you a bathroom break.

yes, a nazi stupe will try. just get a shop steward to set the jerk straight.

when you start sticking up for your rights they will go harass someone else.

good luck

PT Crazy

We sometimes work through break. They will send someone to work for us one at a time. Usually only during December or if there is a major back up. Check with your steward. You will either get a break or get paid for the break.