Pt sup said if i dont work thru break im not working as directed

Returntosender

The company is allowed to stagger breaks.
Stagger breaks I agree. If you off clock and told to go work as directed and you get hurt that is grounds for lawsuit. would file the working while on break document that .
next that happens if I get hurt then see a lawyer. I already established working on break as directed.

PT Car Washer

Stagger breaks I agree. If you off clock and told to go work as directed and you get hurt that is grounds for lawsuit. would file the working while on break document that .
next that happens if I get hurt then see a lawyer. I already established working on break as directed.
You don't punch put when we go on break. It is paid.

PT Car Washer

Seems to me that a break is paid for- are you trying to say they add extra time to the employee?
If you have an agreement with your manager that because of your position you will give up your 10 minute break, they will pay you an extra 10 minutes. At least in my building that has been the case for the last 30 years or more. The only employees that give up their break are those on the NDA belt and they can't force you to work there.

What'dyabringmetoday???

If you have an agreement with your manager that because of your position you will give up your 10 minute break, they will pay you an extra 10 minutes. At least in my building that has been the case for the last 30 years or more. The only employees that give up their break are those on the NDA belt and they can't force you to work there.
You seem to like these little agreements...

NYJetsfan87

Is this true can they force you to work. What if I refuse
Rules in the Nassau building 804 are you are entitled to a break if you’re on time after 1 hour of working and no later then after 2 hours and 50 minutes of working. Unless you request to run through break or request not to take one.

Iamsomebody

In feeder many times we didnt take our breaks because of weather and chaining conditions. There was a pride in most of us to make service . On the way back if I had empties I would take a break or take the break at end of shift.

You should be able to take a break even if it at end of shift. If it were me I would take a longer than usual bathroom break. They can not deny you a bathroom break.

yes, a nazi stupe will try. just get a shop steward to set the jerk straight.

when you start sticking up for your rights they will go harass someone else.

good luck
Taking a break at the end of your shift isn't a break.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
In feeder many times we didnt take our breaks because of weather and chaining conditions. There was a pride in most of us to make service . On the way back if I had empties I would take a break or take the break at end of shift.

You should be able to take a break even if it at end of shift. If it were me I would take a longer than usual bathroom break. They can not deny you a bathroom break.

yes, a nazi stupe will try. just get a shop steward to set the jerk straight.

when you start sticking up for your rights they will go harass someone else.

good luck
We all take a break at the end of a shift. SMH

Kingofthenorth