Public Education

vantexan

neo fascism is not name calling its a description of trump and increasingly the countries political ideology

i do know trump mostly blamed other countries and the poor for americas problems did he not
Yet you provide no evidence that Trump is a neo fascist. You just read it somewhere and think it's the popular thing to say. Which describes most of your posts. Someone you admire name calls and you think that's the thing to say.

Trump stood up for the poor in the States. His philosophy was build a strong economy and increase opportunities for better wages and advancement. He wasn't about giving free stuff to everyone. That doesn't make him a fascist.

vantexan

Or most importantly, a uterus.
But a real man can sport a beard and a uterus at the same time! Have to wonder about their partners. Can't get pregnant with another trans man so it has to be either a straight guy who likes masculine looking women or a gay guy who doesn't mind that his partner used to be a woman but is willing to have sex with the partner as long as "he" looks like a man above the waist. Either that or go the test tube route. They need scorecards with boxes to check off.

rickyb

1. Is it possible for a Neo Fascist to be a Capitalist?
2. Is it possible for anyone (even Trump) to rule as a Neo Fascist would with the checks and balances that the Founders put in place to govern America?
well the checks and balances arent holding up too well. think its been like that for a long time.

first one i dunno probably.

rickyb

Yet you provide no evidence that Trump is a neo fascist. You just read it somewhere and think it's the popular thing to say. Which describes most of your posts. Someone you admire name calls and you think that's the thing to say.

Trump stood up for the poor in the States. His philosophy was build a strong economy and increase opportunities for better wages and advancement. He wasn't about giving free stuff to everyone. That doesn't make him a fascist.
cornel west described it on democracy now

i mentioned 2 things

he didnt stand up for hte poor.

oh and he aligned himself with christian fascists. mike pence was a christian supremacist

vantexan

cornel west described it on democracy now

i mentioned 2 things

he didnt stand up for hte poor.

oh and he aligned himself with christian fascists. mike pence was a christian supremacist
Christians make up a huge segment of the Republican base. How is aligning with them fascist?

More minorities, more women found employment during Trump's term than ever before. How is that not helping the poor?

rickyb

Christians make up a huge segment of the Republican base. How is aligning with them fascist?

More minorities, more women found employment during Trump's term than ever before. How is that not helping the poor?
because a huge segment of republican christians are fascists as well. chris hedges did a book on this.

CORNEL WEST: Well, I think he’s already betrayed working people in terms of making sure, in his view, that Wall Street is in the driver’s seat. And what I mean by that is, is that in an emerging neofascist moment, you have the rule of big business, which is big banks and big corporations. You scapegoat the most vulnerable. It could be Muslims, Mexicans, gay brothers, lesbian sisters, indigenous peoples, black people, Jews and so on. And then you also have militaristic orientations around the world. And so, you see the extension of the repressive apparatus, as those of us who hit the streets, those of us who have been willing to go to jail, we’ve had to recognize we’ll have more coming at us under a Trump administration. But the crucial thing is, is that he had talked about his connection with working people, and it’s clear that the 1 percent are still running things.

NERMEEN SHAIKH: But you’ve also said—Dr. West, you just said that his administration will be neofascist.

CORNEL WEST: That’s right.

NERMEEN SHAIKH: Could you explain? What do you mean by that, neofascist as opposed to fascist, and what the two mean?

CORNEL WEST: Well, neofascist, it’s an American-style form of fascism. And what I mean by that is we’ve had a neoliberal rule, from Carter to Obama. That neoliberal rule left in place a national security state. It left in place massive surveillance. It left in place the ability of the president to kill an American citizen with no due process. That’s Obama. That was the culmination of the neoliberal era. Now you get someone who’s narcissistic, which is to say out of control psychologically, who is ideologically confused, which is to say in over his head. And who does he choose? The most right-wing, reactionary zealots, which lead toward the arbitrary deployment of law, which is what neofascism is, but to reinforce corporate interest, big bank interest, and to keep track of those of us who are cast as other—peoples of color, women, Jews, Arabs, Muslims, Mexicans and so forth and so on. So this is one of the most frightening moments in the history of this very fragile empire and fragile republic.

vantexan

because a huge segment of republican christians are fascists as well. chris hedges did a book on this.

CORNEL WEST: Well, I think he’s already betrayed working people in terms of making sure, in his view, that Wall Street is in the driver’s seat. And what I mean by that is, is that in an emerging neofascist moment, you have the rule of big business, which is big banks and big corporations. You scapegoat the most vulnerable. It could be Muslims, Mexicans, gay brothers, lesbian sisters, indigenous peoples, black people, Jews and so on. And then you also have militaristic orientations around the world. And so, you see the extension of the repressive apparatus, as those of us who hit the streets, those of us who have been willing to go to jail, we’ve had to recognize we’ll have more coming at us under a Trump administration. But the crucial thing is, is that he had talked about his connection with working people, and it’s clear that the 1 percent are still running things.

NERMEEN SHAIKH: But you’ve also said—Dr. West, you just said that his administration will be neofascist.

CORNEL WEST: That’s right.

NERMEEN SHAIKH: Could you explain? What do you mean by that, neofascist as opposed to fascist, and what the two mean?

CORNEL WEST: Well, neofascist, it’s an American-style form of fascism. And what I mean by that is we’ve had a neoliberal rule, from Carter to Obama. That neoliberal rule left in place a national security state. It left in place massive surveillance. It left in place the ability of the president to kill an American citizen with no due process. That’s Obama. That was the culmination of the neoliberal era. Now you get someone who’s narcissistic, which is to say out of control psychologically, who is ideologically confused, which is to say in over his head. And who does he choose? The most right-wing, reactionary zealots, which lead toward the arbitrary deployment of law, which is what neofascism is, but to reinforce corporate interest, big bank interest, and to keep track of those of us who are cast as other—peoples of color, women, Jews, Arabs, Muslims, Mexicans and so forth and so on. So this is one of the most frightening moments in the history of this very fragile empire and fragile republic.
After the Dems shut down everything in the Pandemic that they could it takes a lot of gall for them to call others fascist.

vantexan

thats not fascism

and trump was identified as a fascist by people in 2015 / 2016.
When you allow liquor stores to remain open but arrest people for attending church services, when you allow BLM riots to happen while telling others they can't gather in even small numbers, that's fascism.

Who identified Trump as a fascist then? Are you making up stuff again?

rickyb

When you allow liquor stores to remain open but arrest people for attending church services, when you allow BLM riots to happen while telling others they can't gather in even small numbers, that's fascism.

Who identified Trump as a fascist then? Are you making up stuff again?
oh i would guess nader, chomsky, hedges all did back in 2015/2016

henry giroux.

rickyb

Yeah, and they're all saying if he becomes president again he'll become a dictator. Yet he never attempted to do so in his first term.

what do you call january 6?

he acts like a king.

in trumps defense, he is just hte most recent president to act like this in a slide towards authoritarianism. i know it was happening as far back as w bush, if not farther.

Last edited:

vantexan

what do you call january 6?

he acts like a king.

in trumps defense, he is just hte most recent president to act like this in a slide towards authoritarianism. i know it was happening as far back as w bush, if not farther.
Yah, they all slid towards authoritarianism yet somehow never became dictators.