Pulled aside today by a customer

Raw

Raw Member
she came up to me and said she got an email asking to sign a petition about making UPS provide us with air conditioning. She wanted to know if it was as hot as she was told it could be. I reached inside and pulled out my thermometer 127 degrees Fahrenheit. She gave me two bottles of water and said she’d sign it and call her senator! Haha. Here’s the petition I don’t know if it’s been circulated around here. Sign the Petition
Is that all? Down here in Florida the back of the pkg car is over 150`!

badpal

The last I read UPS laughs at the 400,000+ signatures. Their comeback is air conditioning would be a waste because of the frequent stopping and door opening. The only way it would do any good is if drivers were allowed to leave their engines running and you know that isn't going to happen. May as well start looking for another battle to fight---maybe beards for everybody.
They prolly get over 400,000 complaints and concerns a day just on normal everyday operations. i usually good for one or two myself.

Zowert

I wonder what UPS drivers along the equator would think about North American drivers complaining about heat.

Dulce Bombón

I'm Legal Gringo! UPS Latina Heat! Haters ❤ me!
I wonder what UPS drivers along the equator would think about North American drivers complaining about heat.
10876f65156966c6ca7ea0c9412f10e9--flipflops-cold-weather.jpg

El Correcto

god is dead
At the end of my UPS career I won’t give a damn if their trucks have AC in it, I’ll just be worried about how much money I’m walking away with. Their trucks, their problem. Go into a cool zone every couple of hours and chill for 10-15 minutes on the clock.

Foamer Pyle

The last I read UPS laughs at the 400,000+ signatures. Their comeback is air conditioning would be a waste because of the frequent stopping and door opening. The only way it would do any good is if drivers were allowed to leave their engines running and you know that isn't going to happen. May as well start looking for another battle to fight---maybe beards for everybody.
I would keep drivers side door closed all the time, and any cold air blowing on me would be welcome. That is UPS’s spin, that it would not be effective, i beg to differ.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Dash fans would be fine. I am more concerned with drivers leaving with 1-2 free water bottles, not enough,and definitely not cold. There's a dude with an old UPS branded half-gallon cooler. Says it keeps ice until 7PM.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
you don’t need AC in the car, you just need much shorter days, like maybe 6 hours

:censored2: even with a fan to circulate the air, eventually the heat just drains you down

GenericUsername

Honestly, the AC may only take a few degrees off. They should really look into some kind of ventilation in the back, ie vents to let air in as we're driving and vents in the back to push the air out. With how much we move, it wouldn't be nearly as hot. Hell, even some kind of barrier between the outside of the car and the inside (in the cargo area) would help reduce the heat a little.

rod

Retired 22 years
Its not going to happen -----period. Most you can hope for is a dash fan and those really do help. I remember some brutally hot days in Minnesota (got up in the mid 80's)---they even let school out. I don't ever recall them letting school out for us when it was 20-30 below zero. You're all just a bunch of pusillanimous now days.