Pulled aside today by a customer

old levi's

blank space
Its not going to happen -----period. Most you can hope for is a dash fan and those really do help. I remember some brutally hot days in Minnesota (got up in the mid 80's)---they even let school out. I don't ever recall them letting school out for us when it was 20-30 below zero. You're all just a bunch of pusillanimous now days.

mid 80's is the transition from fall to winter

rod

Retired 22 years
I would keep drivers side door closed all the time, and any cold air blowing on me would be welcome. That is UPS’s spin, that it would not be effective, i beg to differ.

Maybe on a country route but it would be ineffective in town or in a residential area.

GenericUsername

Its not going to happen -----period. Most you can hope for is a dash fan and those really do help. I remember some brutally hot days in Minnesota (got up in the mid 80's)---they even let school out. I don't ever recall them letting school out for us when it was 20-30 below zero. You're all just a bunch of pusillanimous now days.

80 degrees? Oh bless your heart.

cornfed

The last I read UPS laughs at the 400,000+ signatures. Their comeback is air conditioning would be a waste because of the frequent stopping and door opening. The only way it would do any good is if drivers were allowed to leave their engines running and you know that isn't going to happen. May as well start looking for another battle to fight---maybe beards for everybody.

I’d take lower standards on scruff over A/C any day.

The last I read UPS laughs at the 400,000+ signatures. Their comeback is air conditioning would be a waste because of the frequent stopping and door opening. The only way it would do any good is if drivers were allowed to leave their engines running and you know that isn't going to happen. May as well start looking for another battle to fight---maybe beards for everybody.
You can call HR here in GA and request a shave profile which is a modification to the appearance standards, I have one myself

Tuff has nothing to do with it, I spend enough time driving as it is, 5 minutes not shaving a day is 5 minutes I can spend doing something else

CanOSup

One of them
she came up to me and said she got an email asking to sign a petition about making UPS provide us with air conditioning. She wanted to know if it was as hot as she was told it could be. I reached inside and pulled out my thermometer 127 degrees Fahrenheit. She gave me two bottles of water and said she’d sign it and call her senator! Haha. Here’s the petition I don’t know if it’s been circulated around here. Sign the Petition
You should probabaly get that checked out, your internal body temperature should be around 98 degrees.

:censored2: HILARIOUS

Foamer Pyle

There were days/weeks I would have welcomed death it was so cold.
My body is always warm. Up north you can wear thermal underwear, gloves, jacket, ear muffs, and turn the heater on. Down here, shorts don’t cut it for 98 degree, 95% humidity days.

rod

Retired 22 years
My body is always warm. Up north you can wear thermal underwear, gloves, jacket, ear muffs, and turn the heater on. Down here, shorts don’t cut it for 98 degree, 95% humidity days.

The trouble with dressing for brutal cold weather is at least a few times every day you would get stuck delivering in a courthouse or big apartment building and by the time you got back outside you were drenched in sweat.

Undertow

I encountered many Fed Ex drivers during a trip to Florida that had AC in the cabs. The one's I talked with all stated it indeed did make conditions more bearable, but more than one told me that the units often broke down which led to the vehicles often out of service due to repair. An air conditioning compressor can be fairly expensive to replace. I wonder how much off the list price UPS could command on a bulk order?

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
I encountered many Fed Ex drivers during a trip to Florida that had AC in the cabs. The one's I talked with all stated it indeed did make conditions more bearable, but more than one told me that the units often broke down which led to the vehicles often out of service due to repair. An air conditioning compressor can be fairly expensive to replace. I wonder how much off the list price UPS could command on a bulk order?
Money is no problem when the ac goes out in the office.