Pulled aside today by a customer

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Sissy Brown Short Shorts, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Sissy Brown Short Shorts

Sissy Brown Short Shorts Active Member

she came up to me and said she got an email asking to sign a petition about making UPS provide us with air conditioning. She wanted to know if it was as hot as she was told it could be. I reached inside and pulled out my thermometer 127 degrees Fahrenheit. She gave me two bottles of water and said she’d sign it and call her senator! Haha. Here’s the petition I don’t know if it’s been circulated around here. https://www.change.org/p/demand-ups-provide-air-conditioning-to-all-drivers

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  2. BakerMayfield2018

BakerMayfield2018 God is Great, beer is good , People are crazy.

982FFD3C-FD01-41AC-8902-4130764BDE8D.gif

• Funny x 13
    • Winner x 4
    • Agree x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Beer x 2
    • List
  3. BigBrown87

BigBrown87 If it’s brown, it’s going down

Did you ask her if you should code this out for approved meeting or compliance training? That petition isn't going to do :censored2: to change us having air conditioning in our trucks.

4. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

You should probabaly get that checked out, your internal body temperature should be around 98 degrees.

• Funny Funny x 21
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. Poop Head

Poop Head Poop is funny

More lilkey to get toilets installed than ac

• Funny x 4
    • Like x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • Creative x 1
    • List
  6. Sissy Brown Short Shorts

I never expected it to. I wouldn’t complain about better ventilation in the cargo area though.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. rod

rod retired and happy

The last I read UPS laughs at the 400,000+ signatures. Their comeback is air conditioning would be a waste because of the frequent stopping and door opening. The only way it would do any good is if drivers were allowed to leave their engines running and you know that isn't going to happen. May as well start looking for another battle to fight---maybe beards for everybody.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  8. cosis

cosis Member

Even if you are opening and closing the door every few minutes, the cool air blowing on your body helps.

9. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

We have several Dodge ProVans we use as air cars. AC is standard equipment but UPS special order them with out AC. They do have power windows and door locks.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. Blackadder 2

Blackadder 2 Member

If you want A/C go to feeders or become a pilot.

11. Sissy Brown Short Shorts

A unit in the back would be good. Wire it to the battery it would always be on.

12. rod

rod retired and happy

that's not going to happen either

13. The Real Jack RyanMI6

The Real Jack RyanMI6 Active Member

While unrealistic, im glad the petition is going around its creating awareness from our customers as to the realities of our job which in turn has turned some frowns into smiles if you get my meaning.

14. Dulce Bombón

Dulce Bombón I'm Legal Gringo! UPS Latina Heat! Haters ❤ me!

Thats was sweet of her, sadly UPS way is to save money and poor drivers rotten in hell, they dont care. They care to move that cardboard until drivers pass out. Bastards!!:oops::deletesmiley2:.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  15. IESucks

IESucks Active Member

Lmao.. Not in the contract...ever

16. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

They won't give us dash fans and he wants a wired up air conditioner, HAHAHA

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  17. brostalss

brostalss Active Member

You mean she didn't ask if as we do is make right turns?

18. Brownsocks

Brownsocks Just a dog

If the soaking wet food boxes and hot refrigerated medicine isn't enough of a reason to put some type of cooling system in then our comfort doesn't stand a chance. Doesn't FedEx have ac Van's for critical medical?

19. Brisket

Brisket Active Member

Not anymore! Orion took care of that!

20. Nolimitz

Nolimitz Active Member

FedEx found is was more expensive to order trucks w/o AC. New rigs have AC

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List