Pulled aside today by a customer

cornfed

No,
My body is always warm. Up north you can wear thermal underwear, gloves, jacket, ear muffs, and turn the heater on. Down here, shorts don’t cut it for 98 degree, 95% humidity days.

No. Just no.
Hot > Cold any day of the week.

I’m in a state with a 3-6 month winter. Not that far north. I’d take AZ over here any time. Give me year round heat with a cpl bad months over 3-6 months of the cold/snow/wind.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Nothing like being in the cold all day , you can’t even think straight , try being out on a rte 13 hrs with wind chill below 0 , not pleasant , frozen snot under your nose , frostbite , ears burning , I’ve spilled coffee on floor of a package car and few minutes later it’s frozen, we didn’t even get into climbing up and and down ice or snow covered stairs , driving down hills after sun goes down and you can’t see the black ice ! Driving winter up north is no picnic , you get home and takes for ever to stop aching

WTFm8

Nothing like being in the cold all day , you can’t even think straight , try being out on a rte 13 hrs with wind chill below 0 , not pleasant , frozen snot under your nose , frostbite , ears burning , I’ve spilled coffee on floor of a package car and few minutes later it’s frozen, we didn’t even get into climbing up and and down ice or snow covered stairs , driving down hills after sun goes down and you can’t see the black ice ! Driving winter up north is no picnic , you get home and takes for ever to stop aching

Looking forward to it (not). Was hired just before peak last year and delivered bulk and did helper work mostly out of rentals then pickups in the 5:30-7:30 range with rental box van and 24’ box trucks. Unloaded at the building from 7:30-10:30 and that was pretty bad in the single digit days with wind, can only imagine it being worse driving these aluminum cans this year.

Usually first 2-3 weeks of January are worst here as far as temps being low teens to single digits with negative wind chill.

numberonedriver

Lets just put these on the roof.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180911-013130_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20180911-013130_Chrome.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 189

Foamer Pyle

No,

No. Just no.
Hot > Cold any day of the week.

I’m in a state with a 3-6 month winter. Not that far north. I’d take AZ over here any time. Give me year round heat with a cpl bad months over 3-6 months of the cold/snow/wind.
I wish it was a couple bad months. It’s hot and humid here 8 months out of the year.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Anybody in AZ ever slide down a street sideways on ice !!

Anybody ever get frostbite on rte
Anyone have to walk on ice 14 hours a day during a peak snowstorm ?

WTFm8

Anybody in AZ ever slide down a street sideways on ice !!

Anybody ever get frostbite on rte
Anyone have to walk on ice 14 hours a day during a peak snowstorm ?

Stop and park truck on a hill, get halfway back to grab a 6000 shelf and suddenly the truck is sliding down the hill?

Yea. Been there LOL

CitizenTruth

she came up to me and said she got an email asking to sign a petition about making UPS provide us with air conditioning. She wanted to know if it was as hot as she was told it could be. I reached inside and pulled out my thermometer 127 degrees Fahrenheit. She gave me two bottles of water and said she’d sign it and call her senator! Haha. Here’s the petition I don’t know if it’s been circulated around here. https://www.change.org/p/demand-ups-provide-air-conditioning-to-all-drivers
I love how people think, these things don't matter, they do and they do alot, the negative P.R they take is worth it and ups has been taking alot of it lately the public knows how unfairly we are treated and they should know, we are a publicly traded company. I wish things weren't how they are here but if they keep taking public hits that's the only way things will ever change, because they care about that more than they ever will about us

brown_trousers

That petition would be good propaganda for us if we go on strike. Gain public support for our strike by showing the 130 degree working conditions UPS forces us to slave away in.

Foamer Pyle

First off, try to keep up. I said AZ in my comment.

Florida isn’t much different.

You do realize people move and/or retire there for the weather, no?
I had neighbors that moved here from Minnesota. They moved here in the winter, oh so cold here. So i asked them if they had ever been here for a summer. Their reply was, “ it gets just as hot in MN in the summer. Needless to say, they moved back to Mn after one summer in Florida.

cornfed

LMAO. People do not move here to retire. They come for 5 months then leave when it gets hot.
Yea, weak people. The same kind who tell me how hot it is when it’s 90 and I roll my eyes cuz they work inside.

Humidity does my skin wonders anyway, so meh. Florida > anywhere with sub 45 degree temps. Easy peezy.

cornfed

LMAO. People do not move here to retire. They come for 5 months then leave when it gets hot.

LMAO. We had freezing temps just 4 months ago where I live. And the 6-7 months prior. We’ll be 40’s tonight. NO. Given this job, I’ll take anywhere I only have to wear the minimum all day every day over this crap. And that isn’t even considering the dangers of ice/snow, but merely the annoyance of cold.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
I don’t know about Florida or Arizona, but it gets pretty damn brutal here in Texas. Even still, I’d rather be here than have to deal with snow for several months a year.