Pushed by supervisor

1heybuddy

I'm a 27 year ups pkg driver and i got pushed by a on road sup. When he pushed me i ended up falling into another driver. Five witnesses have given written statements to HR and after almost a month gave the sup. a 2 day suspension. I told them i wanted him fired because he did it intentionally did it. They refused and also won't transfer him. I also reported to the 800 hot line and no response. This is not the first run in with him... Where do I go from here ??? I also told UPS that i'm not safe there and it is a hostile environment for me. Also UPS has a zero tolerance for workplace violence.......

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

1. File an Art 37 grievance.

This should have been one of the first things he did.

2. Hire an attorney

Although I think this is over the top the union may have a lawyer the OP can use for this.

3. Press charges with the local PD.

The police have better things to do than deal with a minor workplace violence case.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Zero tolerance means zero tolerance. We have enough to worry about from management, not to add on physical altercations in front of other employees. Don't let this get swept under the rug, if he gets away with this, he'll do it again.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Zero tolerance means zero tolerance. We have enough to worry about from management, not to add on physical altercations in front of other employees. Don't let this get swept under the rug, if he gets away with this, he'll do it again.

I agree but don't you think hiring a lawyer or calling the police for a very minor case of workplace violence is a bit over the top?

yonnko

Management is notorious for going over the top with minor driver infractions. You need to go over the top. Make a statement. You need to do all of the above.

Returntosender

The sup is already in your mind, when you say they won't fire him, or transfer him. You could get a restraining order on the sup, and force the company's hand.
Or you go to media? UPS does not want to be the news particularly about work place violence.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

Ever heard of Double Standards?

Non-Union employees are usually given a second chance if warranted.
He probably agreed to take an anger management course.
He is in thin ice.

Returntosender

Restraining order?
restraining order is an official command issued by a court to refrain from certain activity. Restraining orders are sought by plaintiffs in a wide variety of instances for the same reason: the plaintiff wishes to prevent the defendant from doing something that he or she has threatened. Restraining orders are used in a variety of contexts, including employment disputes, Copyright infringement, and cases of harassment, domestic abuse, and Stalking. All restraining orders begin with an application to the court, which decides the merits of the request by using a traditional test. Limited in their duration and effect, restraining orders are distinguished from the more lasting form of court intervention called an injunction. Generally they are sought as a form of immediate relief while a plaintiff pursues a permanent injunction.

Johney

Did he push you hard enough to leave bruises,red marks or scratches? If so you should immediately have taken pictures. Then called the police. It does sound like you two may have been in some type of heated discussion. Although that doesn't justify an assault.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
If no one was hurt, it's best to just move on.

However, I (personally) would sit down with a center manager and also a union steward, as well as local law enforcement - inform them that if any workplace violence happens again, they'll be restrained. Which means mid block, arm grab, break at elbow, neck lock, good night. :)

The supervisor will not last, on his/her own terms. JMO no reason to try to stretch and make it yours.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Ever heard of Double Standards?

Non-Union employees are usually given a second chance if warranted.
He probably agreed to take an anger management course.
He is in thin ice.
I'd assume that you're refering to a union employee would be fired and no chance of returning while a non union is given a second chance? I do find it humorous that people above us would be held with lower standards then their subordinates, especially when dealing with workplace violence.