Put some REAL Teeth in 9.5!

clean hairy

Any driver on the 9.5 is to be out no later than 9.5 hours. (Until such time driver elects to no longer ne on 9.5)
If there are stops that do not get delivered, that is on Management for failing to have a 9.5 hour day on the truck.
If Management wants the remaining stops delivered, THEY will have to deliver them, (though grievances cannot be filed for Management working) not send another driver out, unless one who is not on 9.5 wants to deliver them.
Anyone else feel this is a good way to deal with the 9.5 issue?

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Any driver on the 9.5 is to be out no later than 9.5 hours.
If there are stops that do not get delivered, that is on Management for failing to have a 9.5 hour day on the truck.
If Management wants the remaining stops delivered, THEY will have to deliver them, (though grievances cannot be filed for Management working) not send another driver out, unless one who is not on 9.5 wants to deliver them.
Anyone else feel this is a good way to deal with the 9.5 issue?
I find that it will open pandora’s box. “You had 15 min left to deliver. Why’d you stop so early. Warning letter!”

clean hairy

I find that it will open pandora’s box. “You had 15 min left to deliver. Why’d you stop so early. Warning letter!”
"It was YOUR failure to have my load as a 9.5 day"
"Have a Steward tomorrow at my start time, as my 9.5 hours are up for today, and I am going home! BYE!"

T

thisjobaintforeverybody

IMG_1897.GIF
No. You are stuck here. No go grab a beer and STFU

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
"It was YOUR failure to have my load as a 9.5 day"
"Have a Steward tomorrow at my start time, as my 9.5 hours are up for today, and I am going home! BYE!"
I hear you bro. In a perfect world you’re right on the money. Think about it from UPS’ warped mind.

Appvol

I say do away with 9/5. Anything after 9hrs should be triple pay. If they are willing to work you more than 9hrs they should pay us $100 an hour after 9hrs. Then you don’t have to file to get on a list.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I say do away with 9/5. Anything after 9hrs should be triple pay. If they are willing to work you more than 9hrs they should pay us $100 an hour after 9hrs. Then you don’t have to file to get on a list.
I like this idea.
It happens automatically.
"We'll work with UPS on their need but ..."
This will justify expanding facilities and package cars.
Limit it to the package car job code.

Ummmm......triple time is over $110. You want to give them a break after 9 hours?