Putting in 2 weeks mid-packet.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
This was a job I really wanted, got through integrad, pre-load, and finally became a driver. Realized I got a runners route that is literally impossible to do unless you run each package out the truck. 13 days to go and now I’m deciding to put in my two weeks. Job isn’t difficult at all, I just feel they put me on a route that’s over-standard.

Goodbye boys, I’m forever grateful for the opportunity. Next time you hear me I’ll probably be on your local radio singing lol.
If the job is easy as you say, why are you washing out? You are on a cake route.

quad decade guy

ups driver is a pretty miserable way to make a living. guarantee you that most companies do not expect you to show up early for your job so they can give you dirty, disgusted looks and try to scold and question you , off the clock, about previous days performance. i ve done it for 42 years now, and truly would not suggest this company to anyone

As a nearly 40 year employee(me), your statement is by far the absolute truth and should be

inscribed on granite on the headstones of all Ups employees. I played football and it was cake

compared to the physical and mental nature of pkg. car. - 10 hrs. of non stop moving and stress.

I hated pkg. car....every single second. 15 years worth. Would not recommend UPS to anyone, ever.

Why not retire? $120k, 7 weeks vacation, free insurance. Air conditioned feeder job. I'll make

another million, then make em pay me. Jaded? damn right.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I made my mind up.

I read your post before you edited it.

My impression is you've been looking for an excuse.... and have been trying to

justify your feelings by asking for opinions on this forum.

"Quitters always lose.... and losers always quit."

There is a reason the contract has a provision for 30 (or 40) days in 90 day period.

It weeds out the people that aren't committed.

Class A CDL.... cool.

That includes a drug test.

Themanthatdid

I read your post before you edited it.

My impression is you've been looking for an excuse.... and have been trying to

justify your feelings by asking for opinions on this forum.

"Quitters always lose.... and losers always quit."

There is a reason the contract has a provision for 30 (or 40) days in 90 day period.

It weeds out the people that aren't committed.

Class A CDL.... cool.

That includes a drug test.
Keyboard warrior talking behind the computer making assumptions is not going to get you anywhere.

Dumbperson

Keyboard warrior talking behind the computer making assumptions is not going to get you anywhere.
You are the reason older generations hate ours. This job is one of the last well paying blue collar jobs, the insurance alone is worth the bull:censored2: and physical labor. You couldn't suck it up and eat :censored2: for 30 days for 30+ years of providing for yourself and those who do or will depend on you. You are a keyboard :censored2:ing loser

Themanthatdid

You are the reason older generations hate ours. This job is one of the last well paying blue collar jobs, the insurance alone is worth the bull:censored2: and physical labor. You couldn't suck it up and eat :censored2: for 30 days for 30+ years of providing for yourself and those who do or will depend on you. You are a keyboard :censored2:ing loser
When the powers that be are blowing smoke up your supervisors a**, the result of that is him telling me mid-packet I won’t make it and I should find another job. Even though I improved on certain days, bottom line is I can’t make scratch on a runners route even if I was running like forest gump. I have no problem eating ish for 30 days, but I’m not going to get fired and lose my opportunity to apply to UPS either. I’m not trying to make this a sympathetic thing to where every one should feel bad for me, I just see through the BS of them wanting to get rid of me for whatever reason.

AwashBwashCwash

Cultist mentality.
You'd have to be a maroon to put up with this :censored2: for 30+ years.
Life is too short to spend it dealing with UPS.
The smart move is to use them for tuition assistance, get your degree, and get OUT.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
When the powers that be are blowing smoke up your supervisors a**, the result of that is him telling me mid-packet I won’t make it and I should find another job. Even though I improved on certain days, bottom line is I can’t make scratch on a runners route even if I was running like forest gump. I have no problem eating ish for 30 days, but I’m not going to get fired and lose my opportunity to apply to UPS either. I’m not trying to make this a sympathetic thing to where every one should feel bad for me, I just see through the BS of them wanting to get rid of me for whatever reason.
I die inside each day i work at ups

AwashBwashCwash

You aren't fired until you're fired.
They can say whatever they want.
When I first started some :censored2: on-road sup got in my face and told me I needed to find another job too. Wouldn't surprise me if it's a catch phrase the higher-ups teach to them. Was real creepy too, he looked around first then got in the back of the package car with me to say it like he wanted to make sure no one else heard him. Told him I was doing my best and kept working. Still here. He even apologized for it later on.

Nothing you do at UPS will ever be good enough for them. So you either accept having to deal with the constant harassment and stress or learn to ignore it.