Putting in My Letter of Intent

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Im not doubting him but i will say this though, probably changes maybe better for supes but not the drivers. Ive seen this train derailing for the last couple years, its never been worse than it is now for the employees. Dont believe for a second things will get better, maybe worse before better. But then again i did hear a recent rumor( WHICH I DONT BELIEVE) about a possible buyout coming. Their tired of paying a high wage for an old broken down car( DRIVER). Honestly from a business aspect it makes no sense to pay an old slow driver that much money to be less productive, been saying that for years now. But then again thats the companies MO, they would rather break you down with a work related injury and then take their chance in court of winning because thats their attitude WE CAN NOT BE DEFEATED BECAUSE WE HAVE MORE MONEY THAN GOD lol.
Truth.

Thanks I have been thinking about it for a couple of years and I feel this is the time to make the jump. Everyone has there opinion and are entitled to them. I take no offense to anything thing people say. Yes there are really good management personal that have people skills and other that are just well you know. I'm looking to be one with people skills....
Not to be a dick but I think you need to grasp the word their there and they're.

clean hairy

Tell me how your people skills will solve this issue.
Say you are in the Southern, and you have 16 drivers in your center.
5 call to use opt3 day on the same day.
You cannot turn them down, how will your people skills cover the routes of the 5 drivers who called opt3 just 90 min or an hour prior to start time?
On another day, a Driver who has been out for only 2 hrs calls you to let you know they are coming straight back to the Hub, their Spouse was in a bad car accident and they are on their way to the Hospital.
How will your people skills handle that?
Let us know how you would handle these scenes, as it is real this could happen and you would have to make quick decisions.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
You cannot turn them down, how will your people skills cover the routes of the 5 drivers who called opt3 just 90 min or an hour prior to start time?
On another day, a Driver who has been out for only 2 hrs calls you to let you know they are coming straight back to the Hub, their Spouse was in a bad car accident and they are on their way to the Hospital.
Let us know how you would handle these scenes, as it is real this could happen and you would have to make quick decisions.
Time to brown up

UPSGUY72

Now I wish you the best in your endeavor. But what in the world are you talking about in regards to changing technology? I haven't heard a peep

Orion is just in it's infancy it going to be totally different in a couple of years. Also there will be technology at each car that scans every package when it enters the package car to prevent miss loads.

Dragon

Package Center Manager

Cut down to the routes you need. Split between the 11 that are left. All routes do business first, no residential until business complete.

Supervisor takes over route or call in another driver, does the business first all drivers around route meet and take residential supervisor brings in pick up pieces from other routes.

UPSGUY72

1. This is why you have cover drivers or PT cover drivers. Also if there isn't enough cover or PT covers drivers to cover the routes then ORS will be doing a route that day either from your building or some from another building.

2. The driver comes in and you go out and finish the route or try to call in a nihtg air driver to finish option 1 is the most likely...

Overpaid Union Thug

It happens. I've heard it. I've been affected by it. Nothing you can say can change that fact. I've heard of, and have personally seen, how management personal are scolded for not getting their numbers and/or refusing to do dishonest things in order to obtain said numbers. I've also heard (straight from sups mouths) and read the way they are belittled in emails. I've also seen or heard of countless dishonest things that supervisors have done to manipulate the numbers that would get a driver fired if caught. That, of course, would only apply if the driver's actions didn't benefit the supervisor. Its all 100% fact and can't be denied. UPS management, at least in package operations, and particularly upper management, is a collection of snakes and pure evil. To be anything less doesn't make for a promotable management employee.

Last edited:

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Orion is just in it's infancy it going to be totally different in a couple of years. Also there will be technology at each car that scans every package when it enters the package car to prevent miss loads.
That doesnt solve the fact and issue of too much work on these trucks everyday. More work more injuries thats all. Drivers are humans not robots last time i checked. Like i say all the time, the company thinks they own the employees because they think we make too much money. HIGH PRICED SLAVERY is what it is in a nutshell really. They want you to have no life and be miserable, all part of their mind game. Somebody is either blind or oblivious to the truth of whats really going on if they cant see this plain and simple.

alwaysoverallowed

I pretty sure in the next 10 to 15 years whole sections will be containerized and most of the shelves will will be eliminated so this bins can be brick loaded into a truck.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I just want to know how their going to change the STEVIE WONDER LOADS everyday. Like i always say drivers get blame for everything. Raining outside- drivers fault, snowing outside- drivers fault, terrorism in France- AH FREAK IT MAN, LETS BLAME THAT ON DRIVERS TOO WHAT THE HELL lmfao.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I just want to know how their going to change the STEVIE WONDER LOADS everyday. Like i always say drivers get blame for everything. Raining outside- drivers fault, snowing outside- drivers fault, terrorism in France- AH FREAK IT MAN, LETS BLAME THAT ON DRIVERS TOO WHAT THE HELL lmfao.
My load has been extra bad this last week.