Putting in My Letter of Intent

clean hairy

Cut down to the routes you need. Split between the 11 that are left. All routes do business first, no residential until business complete.

Supervisor takes over route or call in another driver, does the business first all drivers around route meet and take residential supervisor brings in pick up pieces from other routes.
So, the driver started at 9, and has 30 min drive to get to the route.
at 11, comes the call about the car wreck.
Driver gets back to hub at 11:30, soonest another person can get to that drivers area is 12.
How do the 12:00 commits get met?
The Customers and the Bosses don't want your excuses, they want to know why X # of commits show up on a report the next day.

UPSGUY72

This. Give me her address. I hate woman who do this. One day you are the best guy , Dad, and one day you are a pile of crap.

Bingo... She will not even talk to me. Which is a good thing if I think about it LOL. Per the divorce agreement she isn't allowed to come to my house and she can't come out of the house she is buying from me when I pick up the kids. However tonight she came running out yelling at my 7 year old son and trying to tell me what to do through the closed car window... It appears things didn't go exactly as she had planned LOL. She still has to pay me $11,000 grand and I told her I'd be taking her back to court to change custody arrangement in a couple years. She had this false impression that once divorced things where going to all of sudden change and shed find peace...

UPSGUY72

So, the driver started at 9, and has 30 min drive to get to the route.
at 11, comes the call about the car wreck.
Driver gets back to hub at 11:30, soonest another person can get to that drivers area is 12.
How do the 12:00 commits get met?
The Customers and the Bosses don't want your excuses, they want to know why X # of commits show up on a report the next day.

You miss service on a couple of stops it happens but the package all get delivered that day...

UPSGUY72

This.
Give me her address. Ill do a road trip.
I hate woman who do this. One day you are the best guy , Dad, and one day you are a pile of crap. 40 yrs ago I divorced my sons father. We talk, ....... to this day on holidays, birthdays, our wedding anniversary, We were mad for a minute, and in the "big picture" thats all it is. Then we grew up. We werent suited for marriage, but we are still people, and no father, mother deserves this crap.

She wants to pretend I never existed before. She also thought I was going to just walk away from my kids. She was wrong. I would like to get along with her for the benefits of the children but she has told everyone what a ----- I am so she kind of put herself in a corner or she's going to look like a ----. All because I went snowmobiling one Sunday with the guys...

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Just find a time and place to get her back to the girl you loved, and tell her, she can hate you all she wants, dont do this to our kids. We go on with our lives, kids are learning now, how to behave in theirs. Take the high ground til then. Hugs and prayers. BTW dont be a sup, it will be worse than your ex:angel:

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
She wants to pretend I never existed before. She also thought I was going to just walk away from my kids. She was wrong. I would like to get along with her for the benefits of the children but she has told everyone what a ----- I am so she kind of put herself in a corner or she's going to look like a ----. All because I went snowmobiling one Sunday with the guys...
Childish. It only tells her friends, if you are that bad then she sucks to have picked you. Hopefully it blows over for you, til then it just blows.
I wish my husband would go with his friends, it makes for everyones happiness, to have a little me time. But we dont have kids at home. But if we did, I would want him to go. I never got that selfish little bi**^ mentality. ME< ME < ME.
Be calm and comforting to the kids, dont belittle her like she does you. Just tell them, moms upset, it will be ok, trust me they will remember. I have proof, they are 38 and 42. And it wasnt til a few years back, they asked. "I heard Dad did this and that" why didnt you ever tell us? Because you were a child and didnt need to deal with it.

T

Turdferguson

As many of you know I have had some big changes happen in my life over the past 9 months. I have come to realize that when one door closes another one opens. After much thought over the past couple of months tonight I put the wheels in motion to cross to the other side and become part of management. Although I love driving the brown truck I feel that I have a education and other skill sets that are not being used to their fullest and should be.

Not going to bash or try and talk you out of it.
Good luck hope you find what you are looking for.

moldsporh

Upsguy72. .....let me help you out a little, keep in mind, what others are saying you should really take it to heart, apparently you're not. Everyone is entitled to their own decisions, but you stated you graduated Army flight school...that says alot. Why do you REALLY want to go to management? Do you have a background, prior jobs, or just school or interest?

You do realize they are hyping this up right? You will be a bottom feeder and pretty much anything you want to change will be considered harmful bacteria in a predominantly white blood cell environment. There are many other people with good intentions that wanted to change things......not gonna happen, this is ups, its their way or the highway.

They will bait you, in which they already did, and you will bite, and understand there's no going back. No feeders, no delivery, you're throwing away a 90K a year job.

You do realize UPS cut pretty much all the benefits for management right?

You get paid once a month.

You work crazy hours.

If you complain or try to change things, you get sent to another building.....they won't care.

All your driver friends will turn their back to you while in the bldg, it's all about CYA, you won't stand in their way.

This part is real important.......

Ask around your division, how many management personel made it to retirement? And how many that started after the IPO that made it to retirement.

Your morale compass will go berserk trying to cope with all the dishonesty you're going to be dished out....that's going to be your toughest challenge.

Maybe you're the one that will go to the top, but make sure your financially secure enough to throw all this away.

I wouldn't try to prove us wrong, think about your life and career and retirement.

Just some words of wisdom.....

Good luck

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
As many of you know I have had some big changes happen in my life over the past 9 months. I have come to realize that when one door closes another one opens. After much thought over the past couple of months tonight I put the wheels in motion to cross to the other side and become part of management. Although I love driving the brown truck I feel that I have a education and other skill sets that are not being used to their fullest and should be.

I posted this before. This is a resignation letter from a Center Manager. Please read it carefully. Names were deleted.

To:
Fr:
Re: Resignation letter

There is no partnership, it’s everyone for themselves. Planning is dictated not developed. Supervisors are hourly, just here to carry out a duty. We have lost sight of the fact the “job” is completed everyday through the hard work of people. The same people who were once determined and worked together. Now each one is trying to survive in their own world. We no longer have people trying to be the best, they are just trying to be better than the next guy. Promotions are no longer the “best person for the job”, it is a political showdown filled with minorities and diversity. The operator is no longer the backbone which makes the company money. He or she is simply a person who carries out assignments set forth by upper management. Assets have taken the place of people skills. The ERI is not a tool, instead it is a survey taken one time a year. We really do not care what our people think or what drives them. Discipline does not show our people we care about their safety. It sends the wrong message. Managers are no longer respected.

The hourly have seen the movement of the corporation and understand a manager is just a messenger. Managers cannot carry out a plan as their own when they have absolutely nothing to do with it. The plans are made and then changed, sometimes on a daily basis and we are to accept them as our own. The disciplinary process is a joke and the hourly know it. It takes an act of god to discharge someone yet we look hard to get rid of management.

We have based the value of working here on a paycheck. A paycheck should be the end reward of a job well done from planning and execution. Instead our plans are set forth by someone who has not step one foot in our buildings. No one has taken the time to figure our supervisors actual JBA. They really do not understand their role or how they fit into the overall plan. So many new services and reports have been implemented yet we continue to decrease our management staffing. Do more with less. Technology has increased the workload of our front line people. Staff functions continue to create reports, most of which have value, but when is the last time we looked at the overall effect of our front line management and their planned day.

We cannot develop our people when they have no desire of moving to the next level. We have created a world where drivers do not want to go into management. They have done the math. They see on a daily basis the expectations and the workload. Our management people put their heart and soul into this company, doing whatever it takes and for what? The vindictive approach to relocation has become well known. Are we really concerned about developing our people?

We spend our days preparing for conference calls and trying to support the decisions we did make. There is no staff help. They are too busy with their own agenda. Their agenda was once support the operator. Operators are trying to operate with limited tools, staffing, and vehicles. Supervisors are so busy trying to keep all the balls in the air, yet we need to report everyday on what they did. It is not about being good, it’s about looking good.

Management was once a privilege; a partnership. It was a bond that held this company together through everything. My wife said it best when she described it as the firm. We do not recognize the important people in our organization, which is the management. Our MIP should be sent through the mail, because it is no longer the common bond. It is simply a bonus for working here.

When we tell people they are not partners because they sold some stock and then tell them the next year they are good partners and the only thing that changed was the way in which we determined our incentive…..that’s a problem. I am hopeful the company will revisit the policies and ideas set forth by our founding fathers, which made this company great. It is unfortunate the direction of the company and the direction I see my life and family are not going in the same direction. I will always be a shareowner and hope for the best in the growth and prosperity of the company. I resign from United Parcel Service.

Sincerely,

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
Yes I have made my decision and I will have to live with that. I don't think anyone is stupid we all have are opinions and just because we disagree doesn't mean your opinion is right or wrong they are opinions unless you actually done the job..

Best of luck to you; let us know how it's going in about a year and a half.

WAIT! I won't be here then, darn.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
Childish. It only tells her friends, if you are that bad then she sucks to have picked you. Hopefully it blows over for you, til then it just blows.
I wish my husband would go with his friends, it makes for everyones happiness, to have a little me time. But we dont have kids at home. But if we did, I would want him to go. I never got that selfish little bi**^ mentality. ME< ME < ME.
Be calm and comforting to the kids, dont belittle her like she does you. Just tell them, moms upset, it will be ok, trust me they will remember. I have proof, they are 38 and 42. And it wasnt til a few years back, they asked. "I heard Dad did this and that" why didnt you ever tell us? Because you were a child and didnt need to deal with it.

The wisdom of Solomon, along with a heart of gold.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
You would be wrong. The major change are to be more efficient and reduce missed packages each day.
Before edd there were very little misloads... After we got Edd the misloads skyrocketed...some of this is from pushing loaders.. Some of it is pal labels put on the wrong box... So we have technology which has caused more misloads....great plan

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Unless the goal is to become CEO or a board member you're right. An on car sup isn't going to change a damn thing. You're a puppet nothing more. I feel bad for them but that's the job now.
Something else is going on here....what's the rest of the story?????i bet he was on the safety committee...;)