PVD’s...are we done?

Mainerider

I love that you called us scabs. Did you miss the fact that we pay union dues, along with a $300 initiation fee, and are Teamsters, just like you? I spent 20 years in another union, was the Treasurer at our Local for 4 years, and served on our Bargaining committee for several rounds of contract talks. In other words, I put my ass out in the air for my fellow union members by being a “Target” for management...
Do you even know what the definition of a Scab is...

Faceplanted

I love that you called us scabs. Did you miss the fact that we pay union dues, along with a $300 initiation fee, and are Teamsters, just like you? I spent 20 years in another union, was the Treasurer at our Local for 4 years, and served on our Bargaining committee for several rounds of contract talks. In other words, I put my ass out in the air for my fellow union members by being a “Target” for management...
Do you even know what the definition of a Scab is...
He doesn’t. You do you fren. It’s not your fault the union sold out. The few pvds I have dealt with have been cool. They are seasonal workers just trying to get money just like the 20 seasonal drivers that have been running splits in rental trucks for my center. there is literally no difference to me.

honestly If I had the option between pvd and seasonal regular driver and wasn’t completely anal about my vehicles I would choose pvd all day.

clean hairy

It has been mentioned a shortage of trucks.
If all the red tagged trucks that have been sitting got repaired, there just MIGHT be enough trucks to go around?

clean hairy

I already had commercial insurance because I would do Lyft twice a week. It’s $150 a month but I drive a brand new car with a book value of 27k and I’m also 21 years old so I don’t think it’s bad for commercial insurance considering those factors
That is the cost per month with quite high liability limits?

Skull_Leader

You don't need commercial insurance because you're an employee of UPS. Their insurance will cover liability damages if you're at fault of a wreck.
Now. they won't cover YOUR car in the event, tho. You're kind of :censored2:ed if you're at fault of a wreck (as you should be, btw)

Note: Don't cause wrecks.

Queso

You don't need commercial insurance because you're an employee of UPS. Their insurance will cover liability damages if you're at fault of a wreck.
Now. they won't cover YOUR car in the event, tho. You're kind of :censored2:ed if you're at fault of a wreck (as you should be, btw)

Note: Don't cause wrecks.

Yeah exactly they won’t cover your own car...that’s why you need commercial insurance

clean hairy

The shocks and springs will take a real beating if there are Detroit Axle, along with 50 lb bags of dog food, and barbell weights loaded in an SUV.
You could be looking at 800 lbs or more on the rear suspension....

Skull_Leader

The shocks and springs will take a real beating if there are Detroit Axle, along with 50 lb bags of dog food, and barbell weights loaded in an SUV.
You could be looking at 800 lbs or more on the rear suspension....

lol Yup. can totally relate to all of those!
And there was always this one guy who would order 200 pounds of ammunition every week. Weight was never an Issue for my van, tho

and what's the deal with all of the Fashion Nova? It's almost as much as Amazon (actually more like 1/2 as much as Amazon) do you guys get those a lot too?

Queso

Well, you are a persistent Mo Fo! Good luck to you.

Thanks. I was pretty bewildered when my sup said that this morning. He was like so would you be interested in working here full time as a driver and I was kinda speechless cause that wasn’t what I was expecting lol