PVD’s...are we done?

Queso

Hey guys, I know most of you hate our guts as pvds but I’m trying to figure out if I can expect to be called back in to work before the seasonal contract ends January 15th. Had multiple 50 hour+ weeks since starting in December and HR told me the job runs until the middle of January. I wasn’t told that I was done but my someone at my center said they disposed of all the seasonal driver helpers when i went in on Friday. Are we on call now or should I call my boss in the coal mine and tell him I’ll be coming back in next week?

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
Hey guys, I know most of you hate our guts as pvds but I’m trying to figure out if I can expect to be called back in to work before the seasonal contract ends January 15th. Had multiple 50 hour+ weeks since starting in December and HR told me the job runs until the middle of January. I wasn’t told that I was done but my someone at my center said they disposed of all the seasonal driver helpers when i went in on Friday. Are we on call now or should I call my boss in the coal mine and tell him I’ll be coming back in next week?
Yes

PT Car Washer

Yes you are done unless the volume spikes, then you will be expected to drop everything to come in and work for a couple days.

BlackCat

Have you finished all of your driver follow ups?

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs

What @PT Car Washer said. My center hasn't communicated with our PVDs for :censored2: and are relying on the drivers to act as middlemen. I asked this very same question at our Christmas Eve PCM and received the response "we are taking it on a day by day basis until January 15th."

My PVD said that's not a good enough answer (I agree) and that he can't postpone his other job for two weeks and sit at home on the off chance we *might* need him. He effectively said he's out after this week.

I quietly hope they load my truck next week with PVD volume so once I get on-area I can call the center and tell them there's no PVD to deliver all this volume.

$$$$$

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
DE389A57-1306-49C6-8916-70F469C71EE1.gif

Air Recovery

You have been done since 12/24

ManInBrown

GTFO

Queso

What @PT Car Washer said. My center hasn't communicated with our PVDs for :censored2: and are relying on the drivers to act as middlemen. I asked this very same question at our Christmas Eve PCM and received the response "we are taking it on a day by day basis until January 15th."

My PVD said that's not a good enough answer (I agree) and that he can't postpone his other job for two weeks and sit at home on the off chance we *might* need him. He effectively said he's out after this week.

I quietly hope they load my truck next week with PVD volume so once I get on-area I can call the center and tell them there's no PVD to deliver all this volume.

$$$$$

Yeah I have a feeling I’m gunna get a booty call early in the morning the day after New Years with them needing me to come in ASAP

bbsam

Staff member

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I used my PVD Friday and will probably use her Monday since the stop counts will still be heavy. Who knows after that. I have used Helpers for a week after Christmas before. But never until January 15th.

D

Deleted member 77202

The Human Resources people imply that new hires will be working until January 15, which is the official ending date of peak season, however, peak season unofficially ended December 24.
They hint at January 15 to make it sound like you'll be working steadily up until that day, but they know damn well it's all over way before that.
Contact your other job.

PT Car Washer

The Human Resources people imply that new hires will be working until January 15, which is the official ending date of peak season, however, peak season unofficially ended December 24.
They hint at January 15 to make it sound like you'll be working steadily up until that day, but they know damn well it's all over way before that.
Contact your other job.
Some years we have used seasonal and helpers up to January 15th. All depends on the volume.