PVD’s...are we done?

Queso

PVD drivers...because I despise this PVD concept

You don’t have to like us the company you’re working for needs us during busy periods and I busted my ass personally because I felt as though I was being paid fairly and would do everything I could to make :censored2: actually work. If they gave me a diad and taught me how to use it I could probably get 150-175-200 stops done a day leeching off other drivers, and delivering the misload two towns over that nobody wants to do. I was doing close to 150 with a phone scanner/app that’s nowhere near as good as a diad

Skull_Leader

I was told there’s a guarantee if i get called in and put my brown jumpsuit on
942.jpg

Skull_Leader

You don’t have to like us the company you’re working for needs us during busy periods and I busted my ass personally because I felt as though I was being paid fairly and would do everything I could to make :censored2: actually work. If they gave me a diad and taught me how to use it I could probably get 150-175-200 stops done a day leeching off other drivers, and delivering the misload two towns over that nobody wants to do. I was doing close to 150 with a phone scanner/app that’s nowhere near as good as a diad

Me, and some of the other PVDs were also doing around 150 stops. I think the phone App is fine (when it doesn't crash). The limiting factor is that we aren't using the trucks with the shelves, and able to fit the whole route in one go. I was using a van, and I could get roughly half it in one go, and I could (sorta) organize it, but every once in a while, I'd have to spend several minutes digging through boxes to find that little bag or envelope at the bottom of the pile.
Overall, I think we all did a great job, and got a lot of :censored2: done considering the limitations

Queso

Me, and some of the other PVDs were also doing around 150 stops. I think the phone App is fine (when it doesn't crash). The limiting factor is that we aren't using the trucks with the shelves, and able to fit the whole route in one go. I was using a van, and I could get roughly half it in one go, and I could (sorta) organize it, but every once in a while, I'd have to spend several minutes digging through boxes to find that little bag or envelope at the bottom of the pile.
Overall, I think we all did a great job, and got a lot of :censored2: done considering the limitations

A van would be pretty solid...I was using a 10th gen Honda Civic sedan and I could fit about 50 stops in there at a time. That’s really the only limitation I would just pre sort the stops by streets and keep one section in trunk on half of the backseats with the seats down and the closest ones on the passenger side and up on the dash

RuthlessSupSlayer

I'm saying concept it self is terrible to me because it takes away from people who want the work like myself. You were paid very fairly by all means and I'm sure you did bust your ass. Dont lose that quality, but one of my reasons for joining a union is protection of work. A helper is one thing but a PVD comes off as unprofessional and a bad look.

Skull_Leader

I'm saying concept it self is terrible to me because it takes away from people who want the work like myself. You were paid very fairly by all means and I'm sure you did bust your ass. Dont lose that quality, but one of my reasons for joining a union is protection of work. A helper is one thing but a PVD comes off as unprofessional and a bad look.

So you're saying that because of us, you got less than 40 hours a week? No? then STFU.

Skull_Leader

UPS is a company. They are expected to deliver on promises to their customers. If their current workforce in unable to meet those goals, then they have to bring in help. During peak season, you COULD NOT fulfill those promises, so we were called in. Deal With it.

Rack em

Made the Podium
UPS is a company. They are expected to deliver on promises to their customers. If their current workforce in unable to meet those goals, then they have to bring in help. During peak season, you COULD NOT fulfill those promises, so we were called in. Deal With it.
Peak is over though, see you next year.