PVD’s...are we done?

JOHNEEK

The Human Resources people imply that new hires will be working until January 15, which is the official ending date of peak season, however, peak season unofficially ended December 24.
They hint at January 15 to make it sound like you'll be working steadily up until that day, but they know damn well it's all over way before that.
Contact your other job.
Just applied to fedex

take your time

I really wanted to hate PVD's, taking away my precious overtime, but our center pulled off this brilliant political move of hiring former retired drivers that some of us knew to be PVD's. I wanted to call them scabs but at the same time I had some respect for some of the older former drivers. I still managed to do 68+ hours/week so I guess no harm done this peak to my bottom line.

Anyways, volume will probably get a lot lighter so time for you guys to leave.

PVD drivers are so underrated..... I had several help take stops off my truck this peak.....they pretty much delivered most of my route and I still clocked in close to 60 hours a week.......

Queso

PVD drivers are so underrated..... I had several help take stops off my truck this peak.....they pretty much delivered most of my route and I still clocked in close to 60 hours a week.......

This is what I’m saying. We’re the amazon flex equivalent of ups. Amazon wouldn’t be using flex workers if they weren’t useful for delivering packages...

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Hey guys, I know most of you hate our guts as pvds but I’m trying to figure out if I can expect to be called back in to work before the seasonal contract ends January 15th. Had multiple 50 hour+ weeks since starting in December and HR told me the job runs until the middle of January. I wasn’t told that I was done but my someone at my center said they disposed of all the seasonal driver helpers when i went in on Friday. Are we on call now or should I call my boss in the coal mine and tell him I’ll be coming back in next week?
your done, get your mommy and daddy to pick you up , your room has been cleaned and your bed is made.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Yeah exactly so that’s why I’m pulling up front and center everyday until January 15th, regardless of if they have work for me or not they’re gunna see me
I just don't think you really want the job. If you really wanted to work here you would just rent a Uhaul and show up to one of the bays and start loading up the stops. If you can load that Uhaul and run off the stops, they will probably keep you.