PVD’s...are we done?

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
They will get rid of all the temporaries and half of the full time for the next month or so.

One of the other guys in the shop knows a PT sup that is friends with another PT sup in another center that knows someone on the preload in another center that is sleeping with a division manager that told her that he heard from another division manager that is sleeping with a VP that 40 percent of FT employees are getting let go on the 15th

That and no more TP, pens or pink tag parts. Profit dropped by 86.4 percent in the 4th quarter

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
ofthe other guys in the shop knows a PT sup that is friends with another PT sup in another center that knows someone on the preload in another center that is sleeping with a division manager that told her that he heard from another division manager that is sleeping with a VP that 40 percent of FT employees are getting let go on the 15th

That and no more TP, pens or pink tag parts. Profit dropped by 86.4 percent in the 4th quarter
yes

rod

Retired 22 years
On second thought they will probably keep all PVD's and temp. employes working as long as possible and lay off all the highly paid FT ones. Best contract ever.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
I really don’t see the big deal with pvds. The process of getting them in and out of the building, cleaning up their messes, taking the irregs and criticals, definitely annoying. But I cover primarily rural areas and I personally find it really nice to not have to go through the most sketchy driveways on the route. Anybody who does stuff out in the woods knows exactly what I’m talking about; the ones you have to walk in the dark. The ones your butthole clenches during the stop when you decide to make the jaunt knowing damn well you might have to back right back out. In a 4 wheel drive suburban those stops are a piece of cake. For us even in a p5 it’s high risk and unnerving, yet you feel a responsibility to try and get the stop done properly with good service
I get the whole “don’t give up union work” thing but I don’t see why we can’t have pvds who work part time year round and full time during peak. Give them more training, give them an actual DIAD, let them process and load their own stuff after the main sort off in one corner of the building. Let them run a missload or two every once in a while when they are really light.

PT Car Washer

I really don’t see the big deal with pvds. The process of getting them in and out of the building, cleaning up their messes, taking the irregs and criticals, definitely annoying. But I cover primarily rural areas and I personally find it really nice to not have to go through the most sketchy driveways on the route. Anybody who does stuff out in the woods knows exactly what I’m talking about; the ones you have to walk in the dark. The ones your butthole clenches during the stop when you decide to make the jaunt knowing damn well you might have to back right back out. In a 4 wheel drive suburban those stops are a piece of cake. For us even in a p5 it’s high risk and unnerving, yet you feel a responsibility to try and get the stop done properly with good service
You might see the big deal if your rural route is permanently eliminated and you are forced onto a 250 stop resi route everyday.

You might see the big deal if your rural route is permanently eliminated and you are forced onto a 250 stop resi route everyday.
As a full time year round job....no way. And I get that if you give the company and inch they take a mile so there would have to be definitive language making it a pt job with ft hours only during peak.

The one thing I have learned through the years is to never say never.
20 nasty stops a day on my peak route could be 2 hours easy. We are getting destroyed because Amazon doesn't have guys in blue vans out there with us. Our loop had irrational peak dispatches every day; sending me out with 16 hr plan days leaving the building an hour after start time, and the start of the route is really slow so I could never get enough off before the pickups to have room. Constantly had to brick the truck out and immediately drop with a seasonal in a UHaul down the road at a meet point, and several times had to convince them “you don’t understand, I literally cannot complete the pickups, so do you want me to try one or two and go drop it or can I keep working?”
The 2 PVD guys on the loop made it so that we could get through the day by way of nightly random rescue by a couple drivers. We only rolled stops 3 or 4 times on the loop and it was less than 50 stops each time. Without those pvd guys taking 5 hours of slow brown truck work we would have been screwed.

Queso

I get the whole “don’t give up union work” thing but I don’t see why we can’t have pvds who work part time year round and full time during peak. Give them more training, give them an actual DIAD, let them process and load their own stuff after the main sort off in one corner of the building. Let them run a missload or two every once in a while when they are really light.

Yeah if they gave us an actual DIAD instead of those :censored2:ty phones and just a little more training before we start...(I finally got the swing of things around Christmas) it would be a GG

specter208

If they haven't called you to turn in your uniforms, I would just drive in everyday and ask if there is work and wait around until you are offered something to do or are sent home.

Dough99

AC0470B9-67BC-4F34-8B55-9A2E053094B6.jpeg
We are gonna be done soon
743BDF71-D058-4584-B60A-F0D7E518D31E.jpeg

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Or they could add a route with a rpcd who can actually deliver more then 10 stops. Dave.