PVD’s...are we done?

Queso

If they haven't called you to turn in your uniforms, I would just drive in everyday and ask if there is work and wait around until you are offered something to do or are sent home.

They haven’t asked me to turn in anything yet. I did that twice last week and all I did was waste gas and time...but I guess I’ll just rinse and repeat until January 15th and then blow my brains out

rod

Retired 22 years
They haven’t asked me to turn in anything yet. I did that twice last week and all I did was waste gas and time...but I guess I’ll just rinse and repeat until January 15th and then blow my brains out
Sell it on Ebay---UPS don't care.

Cloud

All the seasonals (seasonal drivers and PVDs) at my area have been cut since Thursday. Even a few non-seasonal routes were cut too. It's crazy to go from 12+ hr days earlier this week to nothing.

I'm not expecting to be needed again barring like a random new years spike even though it's technically "until Jan 15".
I wanna be able to commit hours back to my previous full-time job, but it's just annoying not knowing for sure.

Brownsocks

Just a dog
All the seasonals (seasonal drivers and PVDs) at my area have been cut since Thursday. Even a few non-seasonal routes were cut too. It's crazy to go from 12+ hr days earlier this week to nothing.

I'm not expecting to be needed again barring like a random new years spike even though it's technically "until Jan 15".
I wanna be able to commit hours back to my previous full-time job, but it's just annoying not knowing for sure.
Full time job, or sit at home waiting on a phone call that will probably never come. That's a tough one.

specter208

The one day you don't go might be the day you miss out on easy work.

MrBates

Hey guys, I know most of you hate our guts as pvds but I’m trying to figure out if I can expect to be called back in to work before the seasonal contract ends January 15th. Had multiple 50 hour+ weeks since starting in December and HR told me the job runs until the middle of January. I wasn’t told that I was done but my someone at my center said they disposed of all the seasonal driver helpers when i went in on Friday. Are we on call now or should I call my boss in the coal mine and tell him I’ll be coming back in next week?

I really wanted to hate PVD's, taking away my precious overtime, but our center pulled off this brilliant political move of hiring former retired drivers that some of us knew to be PVD's. I wanted to call them scabs but at the same time I had some respect for some of the older former drivers. I still managed to do 68+ hours/week so I guess no harm done this peak to my bottom line.

Anyways, volume will probably get a lot lighter so time for you guys to leave.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Hey guys, I know most of you hate our guts as pvds but I’m trying to figure out if I can expect to be called back in to work before the seasonal contract ends January 15th. Had multiple 50 hour+ weeks since starting in December and HR told me the job runs until the middle of January. I wasn’t told that I was done but my someone at my center said they disposed of all the seasonal driver helpers when i went in on Friday. Are we on call now or should I call my boss in the coal mine and tell him I’ll be coming back in next week?
UPS will exploit any opportunity to undermine their employees.

PVD's don't seem to be able to do enough stops to be effective. Give the drivers a loaded truck.

PT Car Washer

PVD's don't seem to be able to do enough stops to be effective. Give the drivers a loaded truck.
Not very reliable. Several times last year and this year I ended up running a PVD route because someone had to have a day off or two. Okay with me.

Queso

I busted my ass and was getting done 150 stops a day out of my 10th gen civic sedan

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank

Go back to the other job. Trust me.

Those new Amazon vans are a sign of what’s to come. I for one have put in my two weeks here to start working for Amazon. Adios, chumps!

Adios and congrats!

Hey man, just don't S* in my driveway like that one Amazon chick did. I got a neighbor who lets his dog do that and now it gets launched back to his house with one of those beach slingshots.