PVD drivers

clean hairy

I have been a PVD for 2 weeks now, I have a tacoma 4 door with a hard bed cover I get around 50 to 70 packages each day, i just pile them up and strap them on where i can, we have had good weather lately so no problem. We do have to shave where I work, we have not got any uniforms yet, I got a seasonal helper vest and a plastic sign for my truck. I was told we have to join the union and pay a $200 fee, it is supposed to come out of our checks. I get $21 an hour plus $.58 a mile. I like doing it, it is temporary which is great for me, I also drive Uber and Lyft but it is pretty slow in the winter so this works for me. I have not had any issues with the regular drivers, I dont get to the hub until 9:30 or so to make sure Im not in the way loading. We dont get just the small easy stuff either, I have to load my truck like a puzzle sometimes to get it all. My route is an hour from the hub so I cant make multiple trips. Im sure the full time guys on here dont like us but I believe most of us are hard workers and take it seriously, thats my $.02 worth thanks for the read
If you have not changed your auto policy to commercial business use, and you have an accident, you will have more problems than you ever imagined!

specter208

I have been a PVD for 2 weeks now, I have a tacoma 4 door with a hard bed cover I get around 50 to 70 packages each day, i just pile them up and strap them on where i can, we have had good weather lately so no problem. We do have to shave where I work, we have not got any uniforms yet, I got a seasonal helper vest and a plastic sign for my truck. I was told we have to join the union and pay a $200 fee, it is supposed to come out of our checks. I get $21 an hour plus $.58 a mile. I like doing it, it is temporary which is great for me, I also drive Uber and Lyft but it is pretty slow in the winter so this works for me. I have not had any issues with the regular drivers, I dont get to the hub until 9:30 or so to make sure Im not in the way loading. We dont get just the small easy stuff either, I have to load my truck like a puzzle sometimes to get it all. My route is an hour from the hub so I cant make multiple trips. Im sure the full time guys on here dont like us but I believe most of us are hard workers and take it seriously, thats my $.02 worth thanks for the read
I don't think most dudes have anything against the PVDs personally. It's more frustration with company management.

542thruNthru

For some reason I don't like it. What about insurance?

Does anyone one tell them they had too many backs?

Are they getting the same training as everyone else?

That's true. I'm sure it's way less BS they deal with. The insurance I have no idea. I've heard they have ti show proof they have the right insurance.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I don't think most dudes have anything against the PVDs personally. It's more frustration with company management.
Except that it's our work......
PVDs are absolutely going to be cutting into my seasonal helper hours this year. We already don't get to work before an off-the-street helper, now the hole is dug even deeper.
This is to say nothing about how they might have influenced management to disqualify the vast majority of an already thin list of insiders from driving these last two months.
Why promote insiders to regular drivers, when you have 22.4? But now it seems they really wanted PVDs.

PVDs are absolutely going to be cutting into my seasonal helper hours this year. We already don't get to work before an off-the-street helper, now the hole is dug even deeper.
This is to say nothing about how they might have influenced management to disqualify the vast majority of an already thin list of insiders from driving these last two months.
Why promote insiders to regular drivers, when you have 22.4? But now it seems they really wanted PVDs.
You know.thetd what they meant, until they fail....

542thruNthru

Your supplmental/rider doesn't give you guys first dibs on that work?