PVD question

PT Car Washer

I was a dem for a long time. If you people haven't noticed the left is now just as pro billionaire and anti labor as the right.

I'm not even sure what to do about it anymore.
I guess you did not watch the debates the last two nights. No billionaire lovers anti labor candidates here. Save it for current events.

JDups

You will not receive your 8 hour guarantee pay. That's a benefit for full time drivers in the union

Not scabs delivering out of their Prius.

The job was advertised as a full time position working 8 hours or more Monday-Friday. Seems to me to be only fair to get the guarantee. I got it during peak. Also the driver I pick up the packages from doesn’t have a problem with me delivering out of my personal vehicle. And the guy who delivers to my house (who works at a different center) told me that the PVDS were a big help during peak. I don’t understand what everyone’s problem is with PVDS. Were only hired when you guys have extra volume and to me it makes more since for UPS to hire us than to rent a U-Haul and then pay someone to drive that.

PT Car Washer

The job was advertised as a full time position working 8 hours or more Monday-Friday. Seems to me to be only fair to get the guarantee. I got it during peak. Also the driver I pick up the packages from doesn’t have a problem with me delivering out of my personal vehicle. And the guy who delivers to my house (who works at a different center) told me that the PVDS were a big help during peak. I don’t understand what everyone’s problem is with PVDS. Were only hired when you guys have extra volume and to me it makes more since for UPS to hire us than to rent a U-Haul and then pay someone to drive that.
That U Haul and driver could be me making top driver rate.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
You say the position is not union.

The 8 hour guarantee is in the union contract. If you are non union then it does not pertain to you.

You will be paid for hours worked. PVD's are for fluctuating volume. You get our scraps. If there is not enough for you to get a full 8 hours, then you dont get a full 8. There is no obligation to make sure you get your 8. You get what you get.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
The people driving the uhaul trucks are ups drivers. The company is obligated to give us the work first.

It would make more sense for the company to not have a unionized work force and have drones deliver all the packages. But that's not the way it is.

If your so concerned about the goings on at ups and getting your hours. Why dont you get a real job and become a real driver.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
The reason we hate you is simple. That's union work your taking. That's another position that could he filled by a union employee. Instead it goes to some loser free loader who cant get a real job and wants to erode the union and what we work and fight for.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
Your “8 hour guarantee” during peak was likely a local decision by the management team in that hub. Only full time employees are guaranteed 8 hours, not temps.

Beat it Scab.

Get hurt or get into an accident and see what happens

Did you notify your insurance company that you are using your personal vehicle for work?

Hope you have lots of coverage

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Guys, don't be hating the player, hate the game that your union is playing with allowing PVDs to be operating during non-peak times

It shouldn't be allowed at your teamster company.period.

Now, with FXG, maybe, since we're employees thru the subcontractor middlemen

JDups

18.75 an hour plus 54 cents a mile.

So I finally got an answer from my supervisor that I should be getting the 8 hour guarantee. I had to use the pay code 6v. I also found out that I’m the only PVD working out of this center. And just a correction I’m actually getting paid $21 an hour,not 18.75.

Rack em

Made the Podium
So I finally got an answer from my supervisor that I should be getting the 8 hour guarantee. I had to use the pay code 6v. I also found out that I’m the only PVD working out of this center. And just a correction I’m actually getting paid $21 an hour,not 18.75.
Have you ever had 4 flat tires all at once?