PVD WATCH 2021

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
Amazon is paying more and offers benefits on day 1.

Attachments

• pvd 2021.jpg
    pvd 2021.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 93

Commercial Inside Release

Now at 3,505 openings... Even in a small center that means 10-20 PVDs for each of those 3k+ openings.
In a large center it could mean 100 PVDs.

There's the 100,000 seasonal workers "Better, not Bigger" wanted. After Jan 15th, they will probably be moved to her newly purchased crowd-sourced delivery service: Roadie

quad decade guy

A vehicle with hazards on was causing traffic to slow on one of my commute roads.....it was a PVD delivering....not a UPS RPCD....just this past Friday.

Seymour Packages

I thought there was a ruling prohibiting PVDs this year?
The ruling doesn't prohibit PVDs, per se. It states that the company tried, and failed, to define them as RPCDs that just happen to use their own vehicles. The grievances will be forthcoming in large quantities. Let the company dig its own grave. The more work they take from RPCDS, 22.4s, preloaders, etc, the more they will have to pay in grievance settlements in the future. No worries.

PT Car Washer

The ruling doesn't prohibit PVDs, per se. It states that the company tried, and failed, to define them as RPCDs that just happen to use their own vehicles. The grievances will be forthcoming in large quantities. Let the company dig its own grave. The more work they take from RPCDS, 22.4s, preloaders, etc, the more they will have to pay in grievance settlements in the future. No worries.
Don't forget PT NDA drivers.

AKCoverMan

The insurance thing is just one way they jack the PVD Drivers,, and PVDs I talked to said they just show their plain Jane personal auto insurance to ups and it’s good to go. Of course ups protects itself with liability coverage but anything goes wrong with your car, well that’s on you. And of course if you haven’t told your insurance and adjuster finds out you were transporting for hire in commercial service you will get denied and cancelled.

Ups conveniently passes on cost of insurance not to mention repairs when vehicle breaks down all over to the driver. I bet a majority of these drivers in order to not pay more don’t worry about any commercial rider much like pizza delivery people have done for ages.