Q1-2020 / MIP Status Update

Kadok

axmanthegsd:

Usually UPS releases the update just after quarterly earnings and this 1Q update was initially planned to be released around the first full week of May.

However, I have not seen any release or note informing MIP participants of a delayed release.

Hmmm.

-K

Glenlake55Wally

Glenlake55Wally would know

First quarter MIP status is always blue skies and rainbows. By the third quarter the “headwinds” start. Fourth quarter it’s time to stock up on Vaseline. The new CFO will have to practice for a while to be as good a liar as Peretz was in those videos. Peretz was a truly gifted liar.

VacationIsCancelled

First quarter MIP status is always blue skies and rainbows. By the third quarter the “headwinds” start. Fourth quarter it’s time to stock up on Vaseline. The new CFO will have to practice for a while to be as good a liar as Peretz was in those videos. Peretz was a truly gifted liar.

Yep, Peretz was something else those videos. The MIP is what the number needs to be to make year end EPS for Wall Street. Any other calculation or explanation is pure nonsense and anyone who doesn't realize that has their head in the sand.

Glenlake55Wally

I wish they would just kill off MIP once and for all. Roll it into our monthly salary and be done with it. Ever since they did away with the formula based on profit it's been nothing but smoke and mirrors and boolchit. They can wait until the end of the year and just arbitrarily cut our compensation as it suits them. The idea that everyone should invest their life savings in UPS stock for a secure retirement has been dead for decades. Only an imbecile would invest their life savings in UPS or in ANY single publicly traded company. Think about it for a minute. Now think about how moving up the ladder requires this behavior. Therefore only imbeciles are eligible to move up. And it shows!

CHEMA-DELMA

It all started when:
MGMT raises % always matched what the union got.
They stopped handing out the Turkey's
The 1/2 month payout at Christmas was given to us in April instead of a raise that year
The MIP payout went from pay me all the year I earned it to Pay me out in 6 years
Those who departed the FIRM left those shares on the table.
Turned a Great company into a average company

RolloTony Brown Town

It all started when:
MGMT raises % always matched what the union got.
They stopped handing out the Turkey's
The 1/2 month payout at Christmas was given to us in April instead of a raise that year
The MIP payout went from pay me all the year I earned it to Pay me out in 6 years
Those who departed the FIRM left those shares on the table.
Turned a Great company into a average company

what CPU is DELMA?

Ghost in the Darkness

The center manager (if you could call him that) seems to think its my job to babysit his idiot dispatcher. Great management team we have here, great mix of lazy and stupid.