Qualified “30 days”

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
What in the wide wide world of sports is going on around here! Y'all are jumping around like a bunch of Kansas city Fa*****!
“Yeah, I was the kid...it got so that every pissant prairie punk who thought he could shoot a gun would ride into town to try out the Waco Kid. I must've killed more men than Cecil B Demille. Got pretty gritty. I started to hear the word draw in my sleep. Then one day, I was just walking down the street, and I heard a voice behind me say, "Reach for it Mister!" I spun around and there I was face to face with a six-year-old kid. Well I just threw my guns down and walked away....little bastard shot me in the ass!! So I limped to the nearest saloon, crawled into a whiskey bottle, and I've been there ever since.“

clean hairy

Seriously, no employer owes an employee a job.
Most all have a probationary time frame where the person can be let go for any reason.
This is the case for virtually all new ployees no matter where you are hired

542thruNthru

I am under allowed everyday unless we have late air or breakdown happens on route. It all depends on the route and if IE has screwed up the numbers, look if they cut you loose just move on and look for another job. This job has changed in regards to how management excepts new guys to jump through their magical numbers. We have had a couple new guys make seniority just in the last week or so, my guess is your center manager is a dick and didn't give you the time to develop as a driver and didn't care to do so.

Do you scratch using ORION 85% or better?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I know it’s possible and I would have easily done it but I was disqualified on my 19/30 day. Does not make sense

I hear you, it costs quite a bit of money to send someone to integrad. It doesn't make much sense why so many seem to get let go before putting in the full 30 days. If it's to try to get some cheaper labor, you'd think they would work you up to day 29 before letting you go. My guess is that they really just want 22.4's and they couldn't just switch you to that classification.

thetee398

I hear you, it costs quite a bit of money to send someone to integrad. It doesn't make much sense why so many seem to get let go before putting in the full 30 days. If it's to try to get some cheaper labor, you'd think they would work you up to day 29 before letting you go. My guess is that they really just want 22.4's and they couldn't just switch you to that classification.
Yeh 3/4 guys they hired same time as me been DQED and the other guy has only worked like 10 days for some reason. They randomly dqed me worst part. Not like they were pushing me to go faster. They legit never even gave me enough to make scratch almost everyday day. I was done before my last pick ups waiting

UrFellowUpser

19 out of 30 days you should've been killing that route by then. You only need a good week. Not ro menton you had 3 days on car with a sup

thetee398

19 out of 30 days you should've been killing that route by then. You only need a good week. Not ro menton you had 3 days on car with a sup
Idk if you know this but making scratch when you don’t have a full day on your car is harder. I was getting back the earliest time possible most days and would be over because I had to sit and wait for pickups then go back center.

thetee398

Because of the new contract they can’t hire any more off the street full time package drivers. That is probably the reason they let you all go.
Yep I just realized that to. Haha I just got a $2.25 raise from my last pay check to. Sucks that they couldn’t be honest with me

When In Rome...

Yeh idk just dosnt seem right. Every driver would come up to me and say your doing fine your gonna qualify then I get hit with this.

Something similar happened to me...I jumped through all the hoops (road test, DOT exam, driver school, etc). I received favorable feedback throughout my qualifying period and on day 20 was told I was DQ'd on the basis "of my driving" - no injuries - no accidents - no warning or discipline. I've yet to receive an explanation other than "the decision is final".

Zowert

They shouldn’t be hiring off the street for that position anyway. There are people that break their backs for years just for a shot and here comes Joe Blow off the street with zero skin in the game. Feeder and package should never be off the street hires, in my opinion.

To be fair, there are centers (especially ones in or close to college towns) that have zero package handlers interested in driving positions. Where most are just there to make some money in the short term and the rest couldn’t qualify even if they tried. So off the street hires are the only option.

My center had a bid sheet for RPCD a while back and only two people from inside the building put their names down. Neither of them were able to pass the road test just to get into integrad. Since then we’ve had six or seven people come in off the street and try to qualify. One made it.

When In Rome...

To be fair, there are centers (especially ones in or close to college towns) that have zero package handlers interested in driving positions. Where most are just there to make some money in the short term and the rest couldn’t qualify even if they tried. So off the street hires are the only option.

My center had a bid sheet for RPCD a while back and only two people from inside the building put their names down. Neither of them were able to pass the road test just to get into integrad. Since then we’ve had six or seven people come in off the street and try to qualify. One made it.

One of seven recruits doesn't speak well to the organization. True, the job is not for everyone, but people are only as good as the training. The training (for me) was lousy.