Qualified “30 days”

Rutherford B Hays

gun accipere, et abire cannoli
Getting there hour early everyday for 2 months. Setting up truck to only work 2/3 days a week for supervisor to tell you o you don’t work today but stay for PCM and with no hints of you might not qualify unless you do this or that better. Just seems really odd to me when legit every driver is saying you will be fine don’t stress it

They tell you that so you dont go out and do something stupid like get in an accident. They are trying to encourage you. Qualifying is stressful. Ask them if you can try again later. First time I tried to qualify I self DQ'd because I wasn't getting enough hours either. I was the low person seniority wise and took a pretty big pay cut from what I was making part-time between double sorting, working Saturday air, and air exception driving. I waited a year to try again.
If you want it,try again. Just remember if you make it how they treated you this time. They aren't your buddy or friend

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
They tell you that so you dont go out and do something stupid like get in an accident. They are trying to encourage you. Qualifying is stressful. Ask them if you can try again later. First time I tried to qualify I self DQ'd because I wasn't getting enough hours either. I was the low person seniority wise and took a pretty big pay cut from what I was making part-time between double sorting, working Saturday air, and air exception driving. I waited a year to try again.
If you want it,try again. Just remember if you make it how they treated you this time. They aren't your buddy or friend

Sounds like you were a P* to me

thetee398

Appreciate it that. Suppposed call my supervisor Monday morning. Really want to work there but if it didn’t work out I guess was meant to be. Just wish they were more honest

Rutherford B Hays

gun accipere, et abire cannoli
Appreciate it that. Suppposed call my supervisor Monday morning. Really want to work there but if it didn’t work out I guess was meant to be. Just wish they were more honest
They got people breathing down their necks just like they breathe down the drivers neck. If you want it ,ask them if you can try again later.
With the new 22.4 classification coming in you would probably have a good shot at it

UrFellowUpser

They want you to scratch 5 times in a row with your whole hour lunch taken and your 10min paid break. Be under or at your Orion miles. No missed business , no late air or businesses savers and no accidents while following the methods your where taught.

thetee398

They want you to scratch 5 times in a row with your whole hour lunch taken and your 10min paid break. Be under or at your Orion miles. No missed business , no late air or businesses savers and no accidents while following the methods your where taught.
Yeh that wasn’t even possible. Earliest I could ever get back was 5:45 because of pickups. I would still be over scratch because not enough stuff

The Driver

I drive.
Yeh that wasn’t even possible. Earliest I could ever get back was 5:45 because of pickups. I would still be over scratch because not enough stuff

They decided not to hire you not because of your performance but for some other reason. You will likely never learn this reason. It could be that they decided not to hire anymore full-timers for a while. It could be that they were ordered from higher up the chain to DQ drivers. It could be that they thought you were going to be difficult to deal with. It could be that they found you annoying. It could be anything, but it's probably more likely a directive they were following or they didn't really need any new hires at all.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
They shouldn’t be hiring off the street for that position anyway. There are people that break their backs for years just for a shot and here comes Joe Blow off the street with zero skin in the game. Feeder and package should never be off the street hires, in my opinion.
This is why your opinion and the opinion of PT workers doesn't mean diddly squat.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
Off street hires don't get a 2nd chance.
Did you even read his 1st post?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Getting there hour early everyday for 2 months. Setting up truck to only work 2/3 days a week for supervisor to tell you o you don’t work today but stay for PCM and with no hints of you might not qualify unless you do this or that better. Just seems really odd to me when legit every driver is saying you will be fine don’t stress it

If you do officially get cut loose, bring in a list of all the hours you worked and didn't get paid for (setting up the truck and staying for pcm, etc.). If your state has laws about minimum show up pay (in my state it's two hours) be sure to include that, tell them you expect a check for those hours.

In my state they have to have a check ready to hand you for all they owe you when they fire you, and have 48 hours to cut you a check if you quit. Check with your state labor dept about the rules as they apply to you. If UPS fails to pay you for all hours worked, file a complaint with the labor dept.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
If I apply to another facility would there be anything wrong with that and if I do would you suggest asking if I could resign from the current one instead of me not qualifying.

Don't resign, ask if they have part time openings in the center and ask if you can work there. If there is a building closer to you, try to see if you can transfer. If you are serious about sticking it out, show them that, chances are they will have something for you. If they run saturday ground in your center, they will probably start hiring 22.4's soon. It is less than ground driving, but will be your best bet to get another crack at ground. Assuming they don't phase out ground drivers with the next contract.

thetee398

Don't resign, ask if they have part time openings in the center and ask if you can work there. If there is a building closer to you, try to see if you can transfer. If you are serious about sticking it out, show them that, chances are they will have something for you. If they run saturday ground in your center, they will probably start hiring 22.4's soon. It is less than ground driving, but will be your best bet to get another crack at ground. Assuming they don't phase out ground drivers with the next contract.
I can’t affoed to drive 70 miles a day hour 45 minutes because of traffic for a part time job inside. There is a center closer me hiring I see currently. They do run Saturday ground here but it seemed like it was mostly people who wanted to. I wasn’t allowed to cause you had qualify first

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I can’t affoed to drive 70 miles a day hour 45 minutes because of traffic for a part time job inside. There is a center closer me hiring I see currently. They do run Saturday ground here but it seemed like it was mostly people who wanted to. I wasn’t allowed to cause you had qualify first

See if they'll let you transfer to part time in the closer building. They can only hire 22.4's in buildings that run Saturday ground operations, and all current ground drivers will be have to be moved to m-friend schedules within the next year to 18 months. UPS will need to hire 22.4s to fill the saturday shifts by then, or keep running saturdays with volunteer ground drivers at OT rates.