Qualified “30 days”

Rack em

Made the Podium
I don't want to be a Debbie downer, but OP sad he was hired off the street...if he didn't qualify then he doesn't work for Ups anymore.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
I don't want to be a Debbie downer, but OP sad he was hired off the street...if he didn't qualify then he doesn't work for Ups anymore.
Good. Maybe he can apply for a package handler job in the hub and get his years in like everybody else instead of skipping the line.

trailer loader

Trailer Loader
question, What does scratch mean?, I am not yet a driver, hope to be one day, still just a inside loader, but i always see people posting about running scratch, just wondered what it means,

Re-Raise

question, What does scratch mean?, I am not yet a driver, hope to be one day, still just a inside loader, but i always see people posting about running scratch, just wondered what it means,
It is a comparison between the amount of time UPS thinks it should have taken you to complete the route that day and the actual time it took you to complete it.

It is based on a time study of a Leprechaun riding a unicorn somewhere in Candyland and should be treated as such

Brownsocks

Just a dog
Good. Maybe he can apply for a package handler job in the hub and get his years in like everybody else instead of skipping the line.
I'm sure he got his time in somewhere. Skipping the line only applies if there is a line, and it isnt an outside drivers fault that part timers can't or wont drive.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Today I was told by supervisor that I failed to qualify. It was my 19th day and I was 65 clicks over yesterday. There was severe thunderstorms to. I really felt like I was improving and would have been making scratch next week. I have never came back after 9.5. It’s been 3 months since my interview with UPS for the job. I was hired off the street. I went to intergrad and passed it and then they made me wait a month before I started. I was only working 2/3 days a week and driving over an hour to work everyday getting there hour early to prep my truck and they would say “you don’t work today”. I just don’t understand how I failed to qualify when I wasn’t even given a chance to finish the 30 days. I had 4 late airs tuesday but they were the ones that showed up needed be delivered by 8:30 but I don’t start till 8:45. They hired 4 of us at the same time and 2 of them have already been let go and the 4th has only worked 10 days so he is probably next. I really don’t think I didn’t qualify because of my speed/wrong doings. Feels like they just didn’t need new drivers and didn’t want to qualify cover drivers because there isn’t ring work anyways

You might be more of a fedx ground type

thetee398

I'm sure he got his time in somewhere. Skipping the line only applies if there is a line, and it isnt an outside drivers fault that part timers can't or wont drive.
Yeh I guess I skipped a line that nobody was in. Nobody on the inside wanted to and I’ve worked for UPS before but hmm

P

pickup

Sounds like you may be one of the first waves of 22.4s. The others are probably just now finishing up/starting integrad. Sit tight. You’ll get a chance soon.

I definitely agree with the first sentence above. When they hired you three months ago, they knew the contract issues would be settled but they didn’t know when .

They found out last week and guess what, OP, the week they implement the new contract that allows for 22.4s, your journey to full time package car driver gets kiboshed.

Expect this bone of 22.4 to be tossed to you.

Yeet

Yeh I guess I skipped a line that nobody was in. Nobody on the inside wanted to and I’ve worked for UPS before but hmm
Right, I forgot you said you were a seasonal driver helper. They pretty much owe you with that much seniority. :lol:

thetee398

Obviously it does mean you couldn’t do the job right since they disqualified you.
19/30 btw if you didn’t read what I typed it’s clear they arnt looking for new drivers bud but what ever helps you sleep at night. Every hub is the same according to you

Yeet

19/30 btw if you didn’t read what I typed it’s clear they arnt looking for new drivers bud but what ever helps you sleep at night. Every hub is the same according to you
I sleep just fine, bud. Enjoy unemployment.

mythical

The one who does not exists
We have had guys run scratch almost everyday but still not get the job at the end of their period simply because the center manager didn't like the person. It's just how it is.
Very accurate statement, union should still be able to do something about managements corrupt ways.