Quandary......ON TOPIC

What would you do?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

It will be fine

And here we go.......
Hey it lasted a week, there was an issue, we got some resolution and then it got derailed. I count it as a win. Let us know if your route stays clean next week. I find a lot of issues at fedex only stay resolved while you're actively complaining about them. A month later and the same stuff starts happening again.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Six figure income. Try again.

Wow...I am impressed. How many people do you have to "friend" over to get to six figures? That means you're either lying (probable) or not really an Ops Manager, because any of them that are any good go to better companies that pay way better.

So, you must be a loser, stuck here as an Ops Manager. I'm sorry.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I think that was six figures about his "wife".
True. But hell anyone can say that. Most people here, I'd take that comment at face value but Dano hides too many things and has the annoying habit of opening his mouth and not being able to back it up.

BootsOnTarmac

Kudos to Operational needs and his taking action for doing what's right for the customer "Service", the "People" and the "Profit". 1 package pushed to Monday, always room for improvement, but probably undeliverable. Does anyone remember the rewards / perks / bonus FedEx used to give to front line employees? Tickets to local events, gift cards given by managers, food provided during extended sort delays, Turkeys, and BZ's given to those that deserved it. These perks are small change to FedEx, but go a long way convincing the "People" they are not just a cog in the machine.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Does anyone remember the rewards / perks / bonus FedEx used to give to front line employees? Tickets to local events, gift cards given by managers, food provided during extended sort delays, Turkeys, and BZ's given to those that deserved it. These perks are small change to FedEx, but go a long way convincing the "People" they are not just a cog in the machine.
That stuff was pretty much a thing of the past when I first started which was 25 years ago. They've been mostly replaced with "atta'
boys" and pats on the back.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Kudos to Operational needs and his taking action for doing what's right for the customer
That would be "her taking action".
oh, and I remember those days as well - though I must admit it was soooo long ago that those memories are getting a bit hazy. In fact I think it must've been an entirely different company altogether.

dezguy

That stuff was pretty much a thing of the past when I first started which was 25 years ago. They've been mostly replaced with "atta'
boys" and pats on the back.
Pft! We are lucky to even get that, now a days.

The majority of managers don't care; they just want the stuff out the door because they believe once it leaves the building, they won't have to deal with it. Sadly, there are still a lot of people who make it their job and not management's, like it should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.