question about bid sheet

TheKid99

Employees will put whatever seniority date they want on a bid sheet but HR will verify it before awarding the bid. My experience says they will go to the next highest senior person on the list rather then rebidding. A lot of guys don't qualify first time.
Sweet I like my chances of being a permanent driver this year even if I don't get it from this sheet lol

O

OLDMAN3

Good luck to you. Just be aware some centers have been more or less forced to bid more positions because of 9.5 grievances. Sometimes the center manager has no intention of qualifying anyone...Just trying to add bodies till he can hire temporaries. I hope that is not going on in your area, just be forewarned.

O

OLDMAN3

What would they get DQ'd for assuming they have the seniority?
Take your pick. The center manager can disqualify for a multitude of reasons, and the center manager knows it. They qualify whoever they want.

Some guy bid and he put his seasonal start date as his seniority date I hope they verify seniority date

There's 8 names on the list now and I'm like #3 or 4

The most seniority is 2002 the second most seniority bidder is 2006

But my question is if the four do not qualify during the 30 day period will they look from the list for the next person?

Because they're posting more bids soon.
Are you sure there is only one sign up sheet in the whole building?

TheKid99

Are you sure there is only one sign up sheet in the whole building?
I'm positive.

I'm number 7 or 8 on the sheet.

So my chances of getting it this round is slim, there were 18 named on the sheet.

The only other bid sheets were internal for current drivers to bid on routes.
On the bright side another bid sheet will go up this week

Rumor is there's 9 more vacancies

RealPerson

Question about bidding for a permanent route. If a guy already signed his name with more seniority is there any point signing it? Tbh there's like 4-5 guys on there already who've been there significantly longer...
YES, Sign it....
That person might DQ himself.... or whatever...

O

OLDMAN3

Okay so what reason will they tell that specific driver?
Improper package selection. Failure to follow methods (catch-all) etc. etc.
NO new driver has perfect safety, and delivery methods, no mater how much of a superstar they think they are.

TheKid99

Well that bid sheet

Two people that signed it disqualified themselves. I thought they have to pick the next one off the list for this instance?

HR said they're done sending people to driving school until January. Not sure why. (It benefits me, lol)