Question about computer class

for pete's sake

Hey all newb here. I'm getting hired on as part time driver/preloader. Just wondering if someone is being hired for just package handling and not as a driver, do they have to go through the course as well. Thanks.

for pete's sake

Honestly I don't know. My HR rep called today and said to be at the facility tomorrow to start the computer course. Then when that's complete I'll be sent to driving school for a week.

for pete's sake

I think. I'm assuming the course, forgive for being ignorant, for the handheld devices the drivers use. But I was just curious if loaders, package handlers take any type course if that's all they are going to be doing as far as their job.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I think. I'm assuming the course, forgive for being ignorant, for the handheld devices the drivers use. But I was just curious if loaders, package handlers take any type course if that's all they are going to be doing as far as their job.

The training/orientation for the preloaders is different from that of the drivers.

BTW, the handheld "thingy" is called a DIAD.

for pete's sake

The training/orientation for the preloaders is different from that of the drivers.

BTW, the handheld "thingy" is called a DIAD.
Lol. Thanks. Like I said I'm being hired as part time driver/preload. I know I'll be loading while waiting a decade to get a full time route and was just curious what the loaders have to learn. I guess I'll know for certain tomorrow. Thanks guys.

Brisket

Ask HR for the 10 point commentary and 5 keys and study it before class, it will help you out in the long run.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
shotgun-reload-throw-shell-in-shoots-computer-YOSPOS-1397657638i.gif