Question about current contract.

I've been picking through the national master contract and my supplement contract but cant seem to find anything on it. Does anyone know where I might find where disciplinary steps to take before firing someone would be at, or what verbiage is used in the contract for it? I just want to know exactly what steps would need to be taken before someone can be fired.

I found in my supplement contract under "Discharge and Suspension" some basic information, but it doesn't really state any basic steps other than a warning letter. So does that mean its just one warning letter and then they can fire you?

charm299

I found in my supplement contract under "Discharge and Suspension" some basic information, but it doesn't really state any basic steps other than a warning letter. So does that mean its just one warning letter and then they can fire you?
Verbal warning, warning letter, 1 day suspension, 3 day suspension, 5 day suspension, termination…….I think. Unless dishonesty, then termination

Boston25

Article 7 in the NMA also has language pertaining to discipline as well.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I've been picking through the national master contract and my supplement contract but cant seem to find anything on it. Does anyone know where I might find where disciplinary steps to take before firing someone would be at, or what verbiage is used in the contract for it? I just want to know exactly what steps would need to be taken before someone can be fired.

Depends how far in pocket your BA is

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Tell us what happened, then we can offer some witty insight.

542thruNthru

You're in the Southern supp. Yes in most cases the company has to first give you a warning letter before they can suspend you or discharge you. In the Southern the only time they do not first have to give you a warning letter is if you commit one of these acts.

"dishonesty, drinking of or under the influence of alcoholic beverage or narcotics, including hallucinogens while on duty, carrying or permitting the carrying of drugs or narcotics on his/her person, or equipment, that is prohibited by State or Federal Law (including meal period), recklessness resulting in a serious accident while on duty, an avoidable runaway accident, failure to report an accident, carrying of unauthorized passengers while on the job, or engaging in unprovoked physical violence on Company property or while on duty."

Now with that said in most areas attendance is different. Some areas have that they have to go through progressive discipline starting with a verbal warning(documented talk with). Then a W/L, 1 day, 3 day, 5 day and then termination. This doesn't apply to everyone though so I would speak with a steward or BA.

Pullman Brown

Six punch issues?

PT 4 Life

Most-Hated Member
It supposed to be a progressive discipline. Not sure if you’re a driver or inside. For inside :censored2: like bad attendance, fighting, or stealing will get you the boot.