question about the P1's

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Not at my facility. They find a way to cram them in there. My facility was built in 1986 and it was obsolete and hoplessly overcrowded before they even broke ground on it. It was designed to park 124 P-600's, which were themselves already obsolete and being phased out in favor of P-800's and P-1000's. There are two belts and if you have two P-1000's backed up to stack tables and facing each other on the inside, neither one of them can get out. Even after losing routes to the Swan Island expansion we are running at 150% of design capacity and using jury-rigged MDU's and conveyer belts in order to force enough cars inside. This company has always had a fetish for trying to force 10 gallons of sh&t into a 5 gallon bucket, and then IE comes along and does a "study" and decides to add another gallon or two just to make things more interesting.

Along with a sprinkle of corn and peanuts for texture and color. Gotta love I.E. If I ever go postal thats the office I`m heading for.

Cementups

Box Monkey
You're concerned about P1's but yet we several P13 and P14's crammed in our building. Where there is a will there's a way.

tourists24

We fit ours in the building.... we just cant shut the bay doors because the nose of them stick out of the building...lol
Which is the reasoning why they dont turn the building temp above 40 now

DS

Fenderbender
If I ever go postal thats the office I`m heading for.
I have 2 offices to visit first,but like Kurt said"I don't have a gun"
sidenote: when we were being relooped,I overheard the IE guy say to the swing driver covering a route ,when he said this
is way too much work....buddy,wipe that smirk off your face or I'll have you doing 17 stops an hour
for the rest of your life.
I lost all respect for them right there.

soberups

I have 2 offices to visit first,but like Kurt said"I don't have a gun"
sidenote: when we were being relooped,I overheard the IE guy say to the swing driver covering a route ,when he said this
is way too much work....buddy,wipe that smirk off your face or I'll have you doing 17 stops an hour
for the rest of your life.
I lost all respect for them right there.

I never had any to begin with.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Within 5 years, we went from having holes between trucks for bulk stops, loading trucks in the mechanics bay. Building was built in 1967. Worked fine for 39 years. It took less than 5. What has happened in management?

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Within 5 years, we went from having holes between trucks for bulk stops, loading trucks in the mechanics bay. Building was built in 1967. Worked fine for 39 years. It took less than 5. What has happened in management?
IE :dont_know:​Going public is probably the root cause.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

Blame FedEx, 97 strike, going public or whatever - most of the change we have seen in the last 20 years has more to do with strong competition than anything else.

gostillerz

What are the truck models? In my building, they're called 500/700/800/1000/Mall Truck (guessing 1200). The 500 and 700 are the newer autos, the 800's are the old high step manuals with no power steering. Are they just P5, P7 etc?

soberups

Blame FedEx, 97 strike, going public or whatever - most of the change we have seen in the last 20 years has more to do with strong competition than anything else.

I am reminded of a famous quote from the Viet Nam War:

"We destroyed the village in order to save it."

SpoolEmUp

What are the truck models? In my building, they're called 500/700/800/1000/Mall Truck (guessing 1200). The 500 and 700 are the newer autos, the 800's are the old high step manuals with no power steering. Are they just P5, P7 etc?

I haven't a clue, but I was told my truck is a 1700? I'm not sure of that claim, I do know that they are rarely used and it's the only one around.

Sucker is HUGE.

SpoolEmUp

The damn thing is like 40+ feet long, maybe 11.5 high. Service 350-400 packages on a slow day, maybe 600 on a big day like Monday.I hate getting in it in the morning and walking to the drivers seat from the back. So many packages.Take a sip of my coffee, crank that diesel over and buckle my seatbelt.Gametime.