Question about the weekly attendance bonus?

EZPZ

Hi everyone! I was just hired for the preload shift & I keep reading about these weekly bonuses. I was never told about a attendance bonus does that mean I won't get it?

Hi everyone! I was just hired for the preload shift & I keep reading about these weekly bonuses. I was never told about a attendance bonus does that mean I won't get it?
xT9DPhWvvzbSI5vrYQ.gif

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Your attendance bonus is not contractual, at any given time the company can discontinue them. It is more than likely going to be eliminated if this tentative contract is ratified, so plan accordingly.

The concept of attendance bonuses for the newer employees is a clear indicator that there is something wrong about our starting hourly rates (part-time and full time). It has been stated on this site that part timers consist of 65 percent of our membership, most do not last five years and will not qualify for any pension contributions or benefits because of the vesting. Any new hire will be starting out close to the state's minimum wages, right now in some states it is higher.

Many moons ago the rule of thumb for a union job was generally twice the minimum wage, times have changed.

SunGIRL

hey, not really sure how the bonus works either. It is offered in the location I plan on applying at. It's a plus, but I like the morning shift (already used to it from my current job) I'm a college student and I like that they help with school. If I get a call back from them, and find out how it works I'll let you know. Good luck!

AwashBwashCwash

You're not gettin it bud.
When you get your first paycheck, be sure to make it to your car before opening and looking at it. It's embarrassing to cry in the building in front of everyone else.

PT Car Washer

You're not gettin it bud.
When you get your first paycheck, be sure to make it to your car before opening and looking at it. It's embarrassing to cry in the building in front of everyone else.
When you could be working in a climate controlled Git and Go drinking free fountain drinks for the same $10/hr and more hours and no Union dues.

Heavy Package

Yes - You earned it big boy! Report to the "Blue is New" desk for new hires to claim your X-box, 24" LCD TV, and Braggin' Badge for showing up to work ALL WEEK! Hooray for you!

2bd47394a2edde2b3639676d6d74c098.jpg

hehe xd

It's funny because you're supposed to show up every day for the first 30 days anyways. And now you're getting paid extra to do what you're supposed to do.:euro::confused::confused:

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
It's really pathetic that this company has to offer bonuses to get people to show up for work. UPS needs to step up the pay to be competitive and draw good people. This shouldn't be a contract issue. Some of these Locals need to give new hires a break on initiation fees too.