Question being a seasonal full time package driver and getting perm

aronupsme

so obviously im new to this but this is my first time doing seasonal driving and wondering where i stand in terms of completing my packages on time or if im behind compared to others.. they started me doing just commercials with a couple pick ups and slowly after a week and a half got me to doing a lot of packages (at least to me) for about 2 weeks now ive been averaging 250 stops with 500 packages with no pick ups now.. I do about 80-90 commercial deliveries with 200+ packages and completing in about 4 hours then taking out a second truck loaded with about 160 residentals in all i finish in about 10-11 hours. am I doing well compared to others numbers? my supervisor came up to me once and told me i was doing a good job and quick but idk if he was just lieing to me. I want to be a perm driver and my center has hired a seasonal driver to perm just recently. any answers would be greatly appreciated!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

They have not posted our OR or Telematics since Peak started.

To the OP----your performance will weigh heavily in their decision as to whether to call you back or sever ties completely.

aronupsme

I wouldn't worry about numbers. Just don't hit anything, do your best and the chips will fall where they may.
Good way to look at it, I just get curious with how well im performing. None of the sups or management really tells you and im coming in blind off the streets doing this so im just trying to get a general idea of where i stand.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
They have not posted our OR or Telematics since Peak started.

If our OR or telematics reports had ever been "posted" in my center, it would have been immediately grieved.

However, if anyone cared, they would just walk in the office in the morning and picked it up off the desk.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Why get a perm? This went out in the late 80's......

IMG_0621.JPG

ManInBrown

for about 2 weeks now ive been averaging 250 stops with 500 packages with no pick ups now.. I do about 80-90 commercial deliveries with 200+ packages and completing in about 4 hours then taking out a second truck loaded with about 160 residentals in all i finish in about 10-11 hours. my supervisor came up to me once and told me i was doing a good job and quick but idk if he was just lieing

Awww. Isn't that cute.

barnyard

KTM rider
thanks for that but that wasnt really my question. did you read the question?

If the center where you are working just hired someone off the street, chances are you have no chance of being permanent after peak.

As far as how you are doing, only someone in your center can answer that. Routes are different all over the country. Really hard to compare. I do 180 stops, 130 miles and that is a 10+ hour day.