Question being a seasonal full time package driver and getting perm

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
so obviously im new to this but this is my first time doing seasonal driving and wondering where i stand in terms of completing my packages on time or if im behind compared to others.. they started me doing just commercials with a couple pick ups and slowly after a week and a half got me to doing a lot of packages (at least to me) for about 2 weeks now ive been averaging 250 stops with 500 packages with no pick ups now.. I do about 80-90 commercial deliveries with 200+ packages and completing in about 4 hours then taking out a second truck loaded with about 160 residentals in all i finish in about 10-11 hours. am I doing well compared to others numbers? my supervisor came up to me once and told me i was doing a good job and quick but idk if he was just lieing to me. I want to be a perm driver and my center has hired a seasonal driver to perm just recently. any answers would be greatly appreciated!

I think you need to add more tags to your unique and original thread to ensure maximum visibility and commentary.

I also think your refusal to use capital letters and spellcheck is bold and will set you apart from the competition as someone who is going to go big and get things done any way they can.

I sincerely hope my answers are truly appreciated.

aronupsme

Just an update... have not got CANNED yet and I'm still working. In fact, our manager came up to me and offered me full-time permanent... Now I got sups stalking me around.. thanks for all the comments guys!

Purple2Brown

Just an update... have not got CANNED yet and I'm still working. In fact, our manager came up to me and offered me full-time permanent... Now I got sups stalking me around.. thanks for all the comments guys!

Wow, you are really lucky. I hope the same happens for me. I too am a temp and am still working. I ask just about every day if I will stay on permanently.

barnyard

KTM rider
We have a temp in our building that is doing a fantastic job. Bums me out that we are over a year away before we can hire another off the street person.