Question for drivers..

Status
Not open for further replies.

8 Hour Day

Drivers, as a preloader, I wonder, why do you all insist on being complete and total a s sholes? We're busting our ass all morning while you all dream away, for not even half of what you all make, and you all come in and bitch and complain for 20 minutes. Many of you start making that $ and completely forget that you were once in our shoes. Just keep this one thing in mind, drivers: you're 100% more replaceable than we preloaders are.
Serious answer here to help you know why drivers act like jerks...

Tuesday, when I got to my truck, I knew just by glancing at it that I was in trouble. Horrid load. Horrid on an epic scale.

I arrived 20 minutes early. Preload was already gone.

Looking at the stops in my board, if I'd have had a decent load, I'd probably be done around 7:30. With this load?

After running my air, I took a moment to assess the situation. The question is whether it will be quicker to sort a shelf at a time or stop and basically reload the whole truck. Seeing multiple smalls UNDER a 147lbs. irreg, a misload or two and that the packages on the floor weren't loaded according to their shelf location, I opted to simply reload the whole truck. 10 years of driving has taught me this is faster in the long run.

So, I stopped in a church parking lot, emptied the center aisle, and proceeded to redo all the work that miserable loader had spent 4+ hours doing. When I finished, nothing was in the aisle and almost nothing was on the floor (I say that to clarify that this wasn't one of those bricked out loads that are impossible to do well. This should have been a breeze.

I ran the remainder of the route at breakneck speed.

But, it took 45 minutes to fix the load.

When I got home from work, I kissed my oldest son goodnight. The other two were already asleep.

The same thing happened Wednesday.

Two days without my family because some maroon doesn't want to do his job? Mind you, I didn't yell at anyone. Maybe the loader was new and poorly trained. Maybe he had four trucks instead of the normal 3... I don't know.

But, if I do know... If I do know this was just a lazy maroon of a loader who denied me time with my family...

Just don't act confused when it hits, and remember that almost every driver worked in building.

DoMorePayLessUPS

Serious answer here to help you know why drivers act like jerks...

Tuesday, when I got to my truck, I knew just by glancing at it that I was in trouble. Horrid load. Horrid on an epic scale.

I arrived 20 minutes early. Preload was already gone.

Looking at the stops in my board, if I'd have had a decent load, I'd probably be done around 7:30. With this load?

After running my air, I took a moment to assess the situation. The question is whether it will be quicker to sort a shelf at a time or stop and basically reload the whole truck. Seeing multiple smalls UNDER a 147lbs. irreg, a misload or two and that the packages on the floor weren't loaded according to their shelf location, I opted to simply reload the whole truck. 10 years of driving has taught me this is faster in the long run.

So, I stopped in a church parking lot, emptied the center aisle, and proceeded to redo all the work that miserable loader had spent 4+ hours doing. When I finished, nothing was in the aisle and almost nothing was on the floor (I say that to clarify that this wasn't one of those bricked out loads that are impossible to do well. This should have been a breeze.

I ran the remainder of the route at breakneck speed.

But, it took 45 minutes to fix the load.

When I got home from work, I kissed my oldest son goodnight. The other two were already asleep.

The same thing happened Wednesday.

Two days without my family because some maroon doesn't want to do his job? Mind you, I didn't yell at anyone. Maybe the loader was new and poorly trained. Maybe he had four trucks instead of the normal 3... I don't know.

But, if I do know... If I do know this was just a lazy maroon of a loader who denied me time with my family...

Just don't act confused when it hits, and remember that almost every driver worked in building.

I sincerely hate to hear that and I truly mean no harm when I say this, really, but perhaps you could come in even earlier than just 20 minutes..

Gear

Parts on Order
Its friday night, you guys need a hobby. Everyone hates UPS but here you are talking about your job. Im at work pretending to repair your truck, so I have nothing else to do but read your posts.

Future

Victory Ride
Its friday night, you guys need a hobby. Everyone hates UPS but here you are talking about your job. Im at work pretending to repair your truck, so I have nothing else to do but read your posts.
we do have a hobby.....come visit "The Fluff"

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I sincerely hate to hear that and I truly mean no harm when I say this, really, but perhaps you could come in even earlier than just 20 minutes..

You really are that dumb, aren't you? If a driver comes in early and goes through his load, he is more than likely off the clock. As in, not being paid.

That not only violates the contract, but is illegal. And, if every driver did it, you would lose hours.

Grow up and get out of mommy's basement, sonny.

DoMorePayLessUPS

WE earn it by working hard. What do you want? A participation trophy? Put your time in or shut up. Thanks for the laughs

Geez, that comments feels so old..
WE earn it by working hard. What do you want? A participation trophy? Put your time in or shut up. Thanks for the laughs

No problem.. I can see how much it sucks to be a UPS driver, glad to give ya a little cheer

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Jesus h Christ !!! I go out for a nice steak after work with the Mrs and this nut job is still talking?

From the 100+ posts I gathered that this kid is either very stupid or the most epic troll ever. Brazen to call @cheryl "sweetie"? You do know she founded this site?

Kid, you sound from your posts, about 12 years old so it's time for you to realize at ups:

You aren't special.

You don't get "a trophy" for showing up.

You don't even know the proper preload methods and you think you understand how to run a route all day?

You seriously aren't even good at "talking smack".

You sound like a new age, hipster, white trash, trailer park kid.

I'm betting if you are a preloader, you probably average more misloads and damages then any other one with your outlook.

Any of the drivers you are talking to on here, on their worst day, you couldn't keep up with any of them but they sure could do your job way better than you. Why? Because we all loaded before you kid.

Also please keep handling over 70s by yourself. That way when you hurt yourself permanently , ups can get rid of you. Then you can learn your new phrase or "method" for your new career, "how would you like your sandwich?"

You're a perfect example of why first cousins shouldn't date seriously. Kids like you are made.

DoMorePayLessUPS

Jesus h Christ !!! I go out for a nice steak after work with the Mrs and this nut job is still talking?

From the 100+ posts I gathered that this kid is either very stupid or the most epic troll ever. Brazen to call @cheryl "sweetie"? You do know she founded this site?

Kid, you sound from your posts, about 12 years old so it's time for you to realize at ups:

You aren't special.

You don't get "a trophy" for showing up.

You don't even know the proper preload methods and you think you understand how to run a route all day?

You seriously aren't even good at "talking smack".

You sound like a new age, hipster, white trash, trailer park kid.

I'm betting if you are a preloader, you probably average more misloads and damages then any other one with your outlook.

Any of the drivers you are talking to on here, on their worst day, you couldn't keep up with any of them but they sure could do your job way better than you. Why? Because we all loaded before you kid.

Also please keep handling over 70s by yourself. That way when you hurt yourself permanently , ups can get rid of you. Then you can learn your new phrase or "method" for your new career, "how would you like your sandwich?"

You're a perfect example of why first cousins shouldn't date seriously. Kids like you are made.

Lol you really shouldn't let someone online get you that upset.. it's not that serious champ, relax

Status
Not open for further replies.