Question

DacoiT

Tracking Detail
Tracking Number: *********
Type: Package
Service: GROUND DEL CONF

I know ground service but whats GROUND DEL CONF?

Also my package has been in transit for 2 days from texas to New York?

Package Progress

Location Date Local Time Description
MESQUITE,
TX, US 05/14/2008 3:56 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN

05/14/2008 1:24 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Further open the detail, and it will tell u the day it will arrive. If sent on Wenesday, most likely Tues. Possibly Monday, depending on time in transit. 3 or 4 days ground from TX

upsgrunt

They are referring to delivery confirmation. The shipper wants to be notified when the package is delivered and you may or may not be required to be home to sign for it.

DacoiT

They are referring to delivery confirmation. The shipper wants to be notified when the package is delivered and you may or may not be required to be home to sign for it.

hmm what do you mean? So the package is not shipped yet? and I'm receiving the package not shipping it.

upsgrunt

Sometimes the tracking details gets "hung up" for a while when information is updated. Try again later and you may be able to get more information. If you cant, it may be that the shipper has processed the shipment, but it is not in the system as moving because it has not been scanned by UPS yet. As I said before, the confirmation part is the shipper wanting to know when YOU get your package. They are notified, usually by email, that your package was delivered, and where it was left or who signed for it. Again, you may, or may not, have to be home to sign for that package. I could tell you more if I could see the tracking number.

beentheredonethat

Tracking Detail
Tracking Number: *********
Type: Package
Service: GROUND DEL CONF

I know ground service but whats GROUND DEL CONF?

Also my package has been in transit for 2 days from texas to New York?

Package Progress

Location Date Local Time Description
MESQUITE,
TX, US 05/14/2008 3:56 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN

05/14/2008 1:24 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN

As far as being in transit for 2 days from TX to NY, that makes total sense. We scanned your pkg going into a trailer destined for NY. Shortly after that, when you scanned the pkg it will show in transit to NY. Look at a map, it's a real long distance from TX to NY, therefore that trailer ("feeder") was traveling for 2 days (maybe 3) to get to the NY location. After that, depending on final destination, it may be processed 1 or 2 more times moving it closer and closer to the final building. When it reaches the final building then the pkg will be out for delivery.

Delv confirmation is just that, UPS sends confirmation of delivery to shipper. So instead of shipper trackign it, they get this information proactively.

pretzel_man

hmm what do you mean? So the package is not shipped yet? and I'm receiving the package not shipping it.

Yes, the package is shipped.

The package was physically scanned in Mesquite at 1:24PM.

The trailer it was loaded into left Mesquite at 3:56PM

You should be able to see more details. It says you need to log into UPS.Com.

Its on its way.

P-Man

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

But the problem is, its been 3 days and its still stuck on Texas: Departure Scan

The pkg has indeed left Texas but has yet to receive a subsequent scan, which means it is still on a trailer and has yet to reach one of our hubs for further sorting. The pkg will receive both an arrival and departure scan when it reaches the sort hub. The normal transit time from Texas to New York is roughly 4-5 business days, which do not include Saturday and Sunday.

Be patient, it is on its way.

IDoLessWorkThanMost

It'll be 3 working days not including the day the package was manifested to get to your local center and on a truck, I believe. It should be out for delivery Tuesday.

SmithBarney

So did I.

All it means is the trailer arrived there, they may not be working But the feeder showed up. and entered into the system his trailer(which includes all the tracking numbers inside)

Next you'll see a DESTINATION SCAN
unless its going to another center, then you'll see another DEPARTURE scan
finally a DESTINATION SCAN, then a OUT FOR DELIVERY scan, and hopefully
a DELIVERY scan... :) unless your not home for a signature required..

Babagounj

Strength through joy
hmmm
now just whats in this package to have you so worked up about it ?
maybe a little wacky weed ?
or some "special" hot sauce from Texas ?

DPFS

Must be something good if he//she hid the tracking number ;)

It was a Xbox360...I should know because I'm getting mines shipped back to me from Mesquite, Tx with "GROUND DEL CONF". His Xbox must have had the RRoD like mine. Fwiw I was about to post a topic about what is "Ground Del Conf" then I saw this thread(though I must admit I still don't exactly what GROUND DEL CONF is). Does anyone know how long it will take for me to get my "package"...my tracking number is 1Z 687 4R3 42 1312 306 9 and I'm in Northcarolina.